yvphx

Non-Reving On Star Alliance

Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:10 am

Question for all. I have a couple buddies who were trying to non-rev (id90) on Egyptair from JFK to Cairo today. they checked in at the ticket counter, received their boarding pass (no seat assignments). Ticket agent told them the flight was very open and would get on no problem.

They went to the gate agent and she told them the flight was oversold and would not get on. my buddies came back a while later and asked a different gate agent, and she told them the flight had 65 seats open and all non-revs got on.

So it seems as though this gate agent chose who she wanted to let on the plane, and denied boarding to my friends with valid passes. I know non-reving is a privilege but it seems like total nonsense that this could happen.

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks!

thegman

RE: Non-Reving On Star Alliance

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:18 am

Why did they not say something to the first gate agent when they first heard conflicting information?

If I were in that situation I would have immediately questioned the gate agent telling them at the ticket counter they said many seats were open. Long-haul international flight bookings don't change drastically in periods under 1 hour.