sectflyer
Topic Author

Earning DL Miles On KE

Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:36 am

What is the deal with the only 70% mileage accrual on KE deep discounted fares? Looking to go JFK-HKT. Do Skyteam partners earn 100% or not. delta.com says so? I cant seem to get a straight answer! HELP!

DLPMMM

RE: Earning DL Miles On KE

Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:44 am

Certain fairs do not earn 100%. If you book using the Delta codeshare number, you are assured of 100%. If you book the KE flight number, the earning rate for the fare code can be found on Delta.com.

sectflyer
Topic Author

Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:48 am

Quoting DLPMMM (Reply 1):
Certain fairs do not earn 100%. If you book using the Delta codeshare number, you are assured of 100%. If you book the KE flight number, the earning rate for the fare code can be found on Delta.com.

Thanks. On delta.com it shows no reduced mileage accrual rate. Except 0% of course for award fares and the like. So I take it KE skypass members would only receive 70% mileage but using my DL # would get me the full deal even if it is not a codeshare flight?

kiwiandrew

Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:49 am

You have not said which class ?

Assuming you are wanting to accrue the miles to DLs programme then refer to the DL website

http://skymilesoffers.delta.com/airline_partners.php

if you are booked in regular economy :Y, S, W, Z, I, O or discounted economy : E, L , H, T, K, M you should earn 100% . If you are booked in non-earning classes : A, B, D, G, N, Q, U, V, X you earn nothing .

I am guessing by your reference to "70%"that you have been looking at the KE website , which is only relevant for accruing miles to the KE programme . Please note that the two classes listed as earning 70% for the KE programme ( Q and V ) earn nothing under the DL programme ( if you are booked under the KE flight number ) .

[Edited 2010-04-02 18:50:10]

sectflyer
Topic Author

Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:51 am

I appreciate all your insights! I cant seem to get a straight answer from KE or DL!

sectflyer
Topic Author

Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:58 am

Update. It looks like I was looking at a Q fare. To heck with that! I am not traveling around the world without getting my miles!

kiwiandrew

Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:59 am

Quoting sectflyer (Reply 4):
I cant seem to get a straight answer from KE or DL!

In order to get a straight answer you need to know which question to ask  

By this I mean that rather than asking what you earn for discount economy on KE you need to be specific.

eg If you want to earn with DL you ask DL "I will be travelling on a KE operated flight under the KE flight number booked in class Q what , if anything do I earn with DL Skymiles for that ? " , or , "I will be travelling on the KE operated flight under the DL flight number booked in class L , what , if anything do I earn with DL for that ? ".

Only refer to the KE website if you want to know what you would earn under the KE programme .

Hope that makes it a bit clearer .