CYatUK
Topic Author

Book J For Outbound And Econ For Inbound

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Hey people,

I was wondering if its possible to book different classes (say economy for outbound and Business for inbound) for a return flight and still get a good price.

I am asking this because the one way fares of some airlines (e.g. LH) don't seem to be proportional to the return flight for the same destination hence it will be too expensive to book two sinlges, 1 economy and 1 business.

Is there an online tool that can calculate such a combination?

Thanks
CY@Uk

ClassicLover

RE: Book J For Outbound And Econ For Inbound

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:28 pm

I don't think so...

On British Airways, you can select different classes for your different sectors - so you can do J outbound and Y back or F one way and Y the other. It's on the second or third screen in where it shows the prices - you can change the class there too.
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

HT

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Quoting CYatUK (Thread starter):

With LX you can choose your travel class (even a few fare classes) independently for outward from the return leg.

Quoting CYatUK (Thread starter):

The call center of the respective airline, or a downtown travel agent, should be able to help.
Online I am only aware of the above describe feature on swiss.com.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

PI4EVER

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Not sure where you're going CYatUK, but the CO website will price Y/coach and J/Business First itineraries. Several airline websites also show both Y and J class type fares in their schedule display....namely, AC,AA, and US I can recall at this point.....I think SK as well, but I believe LH, KL, and AF only display class/fare requested.
watch what you want. you may get it.

CYatUK
Topic Author

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Thanks guys, its a flight where J class is fully booked so I was thinking of returning economy but I 'd rather stay another day if I have to pay almost the same for economy as I would pay for Business if I go J and return economy.
CY@Uk

sw733

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:46 am

I did it with AA once. Wanted to splurge a bit but...not too much. I booked MCI-DFW-NRT-ORD-MCI, and outbound on Econ and return on Biz (figured I'd rather end the trip on a high note rather than start it on a high note if I had a choice)