I know 1000's are affected by the airspace closure etc but just thought i'd get some advise.
My mum, sister and 12 other charity workers are currently in Uganda. They were rebooked to leave tomorrow but this has now been cancelled. BA have now rebooked them for Sunday which is the nearest date available.
Obviously EBB flights to Europe are very limited and the three airlines that would operate direct are grounded. I have looked at EK into MAD/FCO/MLA/ATH but they're either full or only have J or F available.
The only other thing I suggested was to get as far north in Africa as they can and then perhaps take local ferries so at least they can reach mainland Europe but I guess this would be a bit of a mission and by the time they reach Europe, they might as well wait for the flight on Sunday (If it should go).
Personally I've told them to stay where they are as local accommodation is cheap and at least they're a bit more familiar with their surroundings.
Anyways, thought I would post as they seem to think if I work for an airline then I can make magic happen!