rjpieces
Topic Author

How To Go About Upgrading On IAD-LAX On AA

Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:55 am

I have an O class ticket on AA from IAD-LAX. How do I go about upgrading? I've never done it before but I have miles to burn. Do I do it in advance or at the airport? What kind of service should I expect on this route too, in coach or first?

Also, what is the better side to sit on for an approach into LAX--right or left?

[Edited 2010-04-18 20:57:34]
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

atrude777

RE: How To Go About Upgrading On IAD-LAX On AA

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:15 am

Generally I prefer sitting on the right side, if you're landing on 25R, you'll see In N Out and the Hollywood sign if it is clear enough to see.

With an O Fare I don't think you can use miles? Not sure, but typically, you wait until day of check in, check in at a kiosk at IAD, and if F seats are available, AA will offer it to you for 45 dollars for every 500 miles. So find the total miles IAD-LAX, divide it by 45 and that's the round about price you'd have to pay to upgrade.

You are on a 738 I assume? Coach service will be BOB, 1 or 2 rounds of drink services, and the LCD TV's every few rows in the cabin, you'll have in flight radio/music system too in the armrest.

F Class, depends on the time of your flight.

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!