traveladdict
Topic Author

1 Hour Transit At JFK?

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:58 am

Hello,

I was wondering, is a 1 hour, 9 minute transit at JFK enough? I'll be flying Delta which arrives into JFK @ T3 at 7:26pm, and taking off from T2 at 8:35pm (also Delta). I'm flying in from Toronto, will I have to go through security and customs?

If it's too risky then I'll probably just look for another flight.

Thanks!

Burj

RE: 1 Hour Transit At JFK?

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:15 am

You'll pre-clear customs/immigration/passport control in Toronto so your flight into JFK will be treated just like a domestic U.S. flight.

Both T2 and T3 are Delta terminals and are connected AIRSIDE, which means you do not have to exit and then go through security again. Assuming your flight arrives *ON TIME* then you should be fine as 1+ hour is plenty of time to get between any two gates in T2/3

Just make sure that you do NOT exit the terminal when making your connection, look for the signs that tell you how to get to T2 or T3...do NOT follow the signs that take you to baggage claim/ground transportation or AirTrain

When in doubt, ask for directions....

Viscount724

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:40 pm

Quoting burj (Reply 1):
Assuming your flight arrives *ON TIME* then you should be fine

Of the 31 busiest US airports, JFK had the 4th worst on time arrival performance for the year 2009. About 27% of flights arrived at the gate at least 15 minutes after the scheduled time..

KingFriday013

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:36 am

An hour should be fine. You don't have to leave the Delta area, as T2 and T3 are connected by a bridge (which offers great views of the ramp). I'm surprised you're coming into T3 from YYZ, I thought that was a Delta Connection flight -- all of the Connection flights are at gates 23 and 25 in terminal 2.

-J.
Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you, By the livin' Gawd that made you, You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!