b6a322

Can You Still Get A Paper Ticket Mailed To You?

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:03 am

I made your typical online booking a week ago for an LH business class flight JFK-MUC later this year. I got my e-ticket and all, but I'm feeling kind of nostalgic and all...(especially since I really HATE those thin paper boarding passes with passion) so I'm wondering, does anyone know of a way to still get the airline to actually mail physical tickets to you? Is there any way, or is it all really just a sad thing of the past now?
The content I post is solely my own opinion. It is not an official statement by/of/for nor representative of any company

Transpac787

RE: Can You Still Get A Paper Ticket Mailed To You

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:45 am

Quoting B6A322 (Thread starter):
so I'm wondering, does anyone know of a way to still get the airline to actually mail physical tickets to you? Is there any way, or is it all really just a sad thing of the past now?

I don't know how, but we still VERY rarely get paper tickets. They are usually from the ultra-cheap discount ticket vendors, it seems. As far as getting the airlines to do paper tickets themselves, I'd venture a guess that's a thing of the past.

vhqpa

Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:16 am

IATA stopped issuing paper tickets from 1 June 2008.

Source

I suppose it is possible to get a paper ticket issued for a non-IATA airline however 99% of those are E Ticket only as well.

Vhq.
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

LAXintl

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:10 am

Some airlines will issue a paper ticket if the itinerary includes an airline that is not e-ticket compatible for some reason on the booked routing (sometimes small carriers, or complex multi-segment bookings).
I know United, will do this for an EXTRA $100-$150 charge.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California