jfklganyc
Topic Author

What Airport Will Be Renamed Obama Int'l?

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:12 pm

We were talking about why IDL would be named JFK over other US airports in another thread. Someone pointed out that IAH is now George Bush. Also, DCA is Ronald Reagan and GRR is Gerald Fold.

I would imagine that upon completion of his term(s), that President Obama will have an airport named after him as he is the first African American President of the US. Likely candidates are ORD, MDW, and/or HNL.

My bet is O'hare.

Please no politics here. Let's keep it to speculating on which if any airport(s) will be named after our first black President.

tropical77W

RE: What Airport Will Be Renamed Obama Int'l?

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:31 pm

Obama - O'Hare, it sounds alike.
Will Dubya get an airport? I would imagine it would probably be DFW or AUS.

BMI727

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Quoting jfklganyc (Thread starter):
My bet is O'hare.

I doubt it, since it is already named for Butch O'Hare. I can't think of anywhere off the top of my head where an airport already named for someone was later renamed after someone else.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

falstaff

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:36 pm

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 2):
doubt it, since it is already named for Butch O'Hare. I can't think of anywhere off the top of my head where an airport already named for someone was later renamed after someone else.

There would be a huge politcal conflict there too. To think of removing the name of a war hero and replacing with somebody who never served would be an outrage to many on either side of the politcal fence. A terminal named after him would be one thing, but not the entire airport.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

FlyDeltaJets87

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:44 pm

I doubt it, since it is already named for Butch O'Hare. I can't think of anywhere off the top of my head where an airport already named for someone was later renamed after someone else.

In the thread about JFK Int'l, someone posted that the airport was originally named "New York Int'l - Anderson Field" after a WWI General.

I wonder if you'd see a joint name like ATL, which is now Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l. But I don't see O'Hare being completely removed from ORD name.

Quoting tropical77W (Reply 1):
Will Dubya get an airport? I would imagine it would probably be DFW or AUS.
AUS won't be renamed unless it is jointly named. Austin is officially known as Austin-Bergstorm Int'l. AUS originally was a joint civil airport & military base with Bergstrom AFB. The base was named for Captain John August Earl Bergstrom, the first resident of Austin to be killed in World War II (killed on December 8th, 1941 at Clark Field in the Philippines).

What major airports are named for politicians?
Off the top of my head, I know:
ANC (Sen. Ted Stevens)
DCA (Pres. Reagan)
IAD (Sec. Dulles)
JFK (Pres. Kennedy)
LGA (Mayor La Guardia)
GRR (President Ford)
ATL (Mayor Hartsfield and Mayor Jackson)
CLT (Mayor Douglas)
DAY (Gov. Cox of Ohio)
Springfield, IL (Pres. Lincoln)
Johnstown, PA (Rep. Murtha)

[Edited 2010-04-28 15:26:03]
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

PacNWjet

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Well, so far there is no Bill Clinton airport, so it isn't necessarily a given that every modern president is now entitled to have an airport named after him or her. Off the top of my head, if I were to wake up in the future and someone told me there was a Barack Obama International Airport I would guess that it was in Honolulu. I have been to Hawaii a couple of times since Obama was elected president and many people in Hawaii are very proud that their state's native son has become president. Never mind that Obama attended college and law school on the east coast and that he made his political career in Illinois; for many people in Hawaii it is a source of pride that someone born in the fiftieth state, a state located on a series of remote islands in the Pacific Ocean at that, is now President of the United States. Obviously the pride is not universal in Hawaii, but it is unlike the pride that would be felt by the residents of one of the states on the mainland if a native son of that state became president, even if it was a state not known for producing presidents such as Arkansas (to return to the Bill Clinton theme with which I began this post).

AmricanShamrok

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:24 pm

My bet is O'Hare.

Chicago O'Bama International Airport

...keeping the Irishness in there  

tommy767

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:30 pm

HNL/OGG/LIH maybe?

Little Rock/Bill Clinton International? lol

Memphis/Al Gore international? lol even better.
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

rw717

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:23 pm

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 4):
ANC (Sen. Ted Stevens)
DCA (Pres. Reagan)
IAD (Sec. Dulles)
JFK (Pres. Kennedy)
LGA (Mayor La Guardia)
GRR (President Ford)
CLT (Mayor Douglas)
DAY (Gov. Cox of Ohio)

LAS (Senator Pat McCarran)
RNO used to be Reno Cannon Int'l Airport after Senator Howard Cannon, but now is Reno/Tahoe Int'l Airport
Reno Air - The Biggest Little Airline in the World

Aeroflot001

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:12 am

Well MIA still isnt named after anyone   

chepos

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:55 am

I would bet HNL, has no name and he was born there so it should be named after him. And while we are at it, instead of Little Rock National Adams Field, it should be Little Rock William Jefferson Clinton Field.

Regards,

Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

Cubsrule

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:24 am

Not exactly your question, I realize, but how about overseas? The major trends overseas seem to be places (Ezeiza, Narita, Heathrow) or aviators (Arturo Merino Benitez, Jorge Chavez). Of course, we see the latter trend in the States too (O'Hare, Lambert, Mitchell). The only airport overseas I can think of that is named for a politician is CDG.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

PacNWjet

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:37 am

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 11):
The only airport overseas I can think of that is named for a politician is CDG.

Check out Mexico:

Mexico City (MEX): Benito Juarez International Airport
Puerto Vallarta (PVR): Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport
Mazatlan (MZT): General Rafael Buelna International Airport
Ciudad Juarez (CJS): Abraham González International Airport
Guadalajara (GDL): Don Miguel Hidalgo Y Costilla International Airport
Tijuana (TIJ): General Abelardo L. Rodríguez International Airport
Acapulco (ACA): General Juan N Alvarez International Airport
Toluca (TLC): Adolfo Lopez Mateos International Airport

among others. And that is just a short list; there are many more.

PacNWjet

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:57 am

The only airport overseas I can think of that is named for a politician is CDG.

Aside from Mexico (see my previous post), in Europe there is:

Munich (MUC): Franz Josef Strauss International Airport
Istanbul (IST): Ataturk International Airport

In Canada:

Toronto (YYZ): Lester Pearson International Airport

[Edited 2010-04-28 20:03:22]

b727fan

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:11 am

Quoting rw717 (Reply 8):
ANC (Sen. Ted Stevens)
DCA (Pres. Reagan)
IAD (Sec. Dulles)
JFK (Pres. Kennedy)
LGA (Mayor La Guardia)
GRR (President Ford)
CLT (Mayor Douglas)
DAY (Gov. Cox of Ohio)

LAS (Senator Pat McCarran)
RNO used to be Reno Cannon Int'l Airport after Senator Howard Cannon, but now is Reno/Tahoe Int'l Airport

IAH (Pres. G.H.W. Bush)

Cubsrule

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:14 am

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 13):
In Canada:

Also YUL (Trudeau)

...and elsewhere

MGA (Augusto Sandino)
SJU (Luiz Munoz Marin)
UIO (Mariscal Sucre - though he wasn't an Ecuadorian politician)

FlyDeltaJets87

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:34 am

Quoting B727fan (Reply 14):

Can't believe I forgot IAH.

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 15):

And don't forget Baghdad. Used to be "Saddam Hussein Int'l" haha. And aren't a lot of the airports in Saudi named after members of the royal family?

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 13):
Istanbul (IST): Ataturk International Airport

Seeing as how I flew into that airport less than two years ago, I should have remembered that one.

Quoting chepos (Reply 10):
I would bet HNL, has no name and he was born there so it should be named after him.

I think the HNL Airport should be named after someone who's history is more important to the Hawaiian islands. I'm not trying to say Obama isn't important, but I think there are many more people who have had a larger impact on the Hawaiian islands than Obama, such Queen Liliuokalani.

Quoting chepos (Reply 10):
And while we are at it, instead of Little Rock National Adams Field, it should be Little Rock William Jefferson Clinton Field.

I doubt you will see LIT change its name in honor of Bill Clinton. My guess is if the local authorities haven't done so by now, they're not going to name an airport after a president that was impeached.

Cubsrule

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:05 am

I also thought of WDH (Hosea Kutako - not quite a politician but sort of a freedom fighter).

kappel

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:59 am

Not exactly your question, I realize, but how about overseas?

Not exactly a big airport, but PBM is named after a former Surinamese prime minister.
L1011,733,734,73G,738,743,744,752,763,772,77W,DC855,DC863,DC930,DC950,MD11,MD88,306,319,320,321,343,346,ARJ85,CR7,E195

flymia

Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:03 pm

or HNL.

This is my bet for Obama but he still has some time.

Quoting Aeroflot001 (Reply 9):

I always wondered why, it does have the name Wilcox Field. Not sure what that is named after I always thought the founder of Miami Julia Tuttle should have the airport, all she has is a causeway that has no sign of her or anything yet she is the reason Miami is not a swamp int he everglades right now.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

jettaknight

Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:24 pm

I suspect by the time Obama is done, he'll have named all of the airports after himself.  

MEA-707

Sat May 01, 2010 8:26 am

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 16):
they're not going to name an airport after a president that was impeached.

No, Nixon was removed from office, Clinton just had a sorry attempt of impeachment by his political enemies. I am sure these attempts will happen to more Presidents from now on seeing how devided the USA is. Would any small and useless attempt result in a failed and respectless presidency? Is GW Bush now regarded as a superior president because he was not impeached unlike Bill?
I think a factor is more that for instance Reagan and Ford were retired by the time they got an airport, while Bill and especially his wife are still active. What if Hillary messes up things big time, people will hate having an airport named after her husband. I am sure Bill gets one eventually. Does Carter have one? His presidency wasn't anything to write home about but his post presidency work made him almost a Saint. And Ford has one !
(edited because I first thought 'impeached' meant removed from office, I only checked it after I wrote that)

[Edited 2010-05-01 01:30:28]

[Edited 2010-05-01 01:34:52]
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

Cubsrule

Sat May 01, 2010 5:51 pm

Quoting MEA-707 (Reply 21):
No, Nixon was removed from office,

Nixon resigned, actually.

FlyDeltaJets87

Sat May 01, 2010 9:00 pm

No, Nixon was removed from office, Clinton just had a sorry attempt of impeachment by his political enemies.

Nixon resigned and was never impeached. Only two Presidents have been impeached - Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton. No President has been removed from office.

Does Carter have one?

Yes, in Americus, GA. It has no commercial service though, and in 2006 saw about 15 movements a day - mostly general aviation with a couple military flights. (Probably training flights doing touch n' go's).

soon7x7

Sat May 01, 2010 10:15 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 3):

But he would be just the person to effect such a change...he is the annointed one...

Quoting JettaKnight (Reply 20):

Perfect!...

alwaysontherun

Sat May 01, 2010 11:04 pm

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 15):
UIO (Mariscal Sucre - though he wasn't an Ecuadorian politician)

Don´t know what the new airport will be called.

Jose Joaquin de Olmedo, Guayaquil (GYE)………an Ecuadorian politician, which replaced the all time hero "Simon Bolivar".
No idea how what the new airport will be named if it ever materializes!!

### "I am always on the Run"###
"Failure is not an option, it comes standard in any Windows product" - an anonymous MAC owner.

Viscount724

Sun May 02, 2010 12:39 am

Apart from YYZ and YUL, other Canadian airports named for politicians or similar:

Ottawa (YOW), for Sir John A. Macdonald, Canada's first Prime Minister, and Sir George-Etienne Cartier, federal politician and a "Father of Confederation".
Quebec City (YQB), for Jean Lesage, federal member of parliament and Premier of Quebec.
Hamilton (YHM), for John Munro, federal member of parliament.
Winnipeg (YWG), for James Richardson, prominent Manitoba businessman (his son with the same name was a federal member of parliament).
Saskatoon (YXE), for John Diefenbaker, Prime Minister 1957-63 and member of parliament for 39 years.
Edmonton City Centre Airport (YXD), also known as Blatchford Field, for the mayor of Edmonton, Kenneth Blatchford, when YXD became Canada's first licensed airport in 1927. He was also a federal member of parliament for a few years.
Whitehorse (YXY), for Erik Nielsen, member of parliament for the Yukon for 30 years (1957-87). His younger brother (by 2 years), is actor Leslie Nielsen, famous for his roles in the Airplane! and Naked Gun series of spoof movies and numerous other movie and TV roles.
Halifax (YHX), for Robert Stanfield, Premier of Nova Scotia and federal Conservative leader for several years.

Unlike the US, Canada normally waits until the person dies before naming things like airports for them. Helps avoid situations like ANC, which for a few months in 2008 was named for a convicted felon, when longtime Alaska Senator Ted Stevens (now retired) was convicted on various charges related to campaign financing and accepting inappropriate gifts etc. The charges were later dropped on a technicality which vacated the conviction.

[Edited 2010-05-01 17:56:35]

[Edited 2010-05-01 17:57:40]

[Edited 2010-05-01 17:59:07]

gocaps16

Sun May 02, 2010 11:50 am

Gary, IL

Gary-Barack Obama Regional Airport....hehehe...imagine his name at a Regional or Municipal airfield.

[Edited 2010-05-02 04:51:32]

Super80DFW

Mon May 03, 2010 1:39 am

I think MDW should be renamed after Mr. Obama since it's from his home state and city.
"Things change, friends leave, life doesn't stop for anybody." -- EAT'EM UP EAT'EM UP KSU!!

gatorfan

Mon May 03, 2010 2:05 am

I can think of no more appropriate airport for this President than the Moscow Obama-Sheremetyevo international airport.

PlymSpotter

Mon May 03, 2010 2:28 am

An interesting oddity along the same subject: The main road from Tbilisi to the Airport was named George W Bush street in his honor, along with lots of tacky depictions of him strung up down the verges.

Dan  
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

Qatara340

Mon May 03, 2010 10:53 am

Nairobi Obama International! hahaha since its where his father is from!
لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله

greggarious

Mon May 03, 2010 3:17 pm

My bet is O'hare.

My God, I can't imagine anything worse. Politics aside (for what it's worth, I worked on his campaign), taking the name of a Navy Medal of Honor recipient off and putting up the name of just another politician is an abhorrent thought. I am no fan of renaming airports after politicians. The only thing worse is naming carriers after people like John Stennis (not worthy of a CVN!) rather than solid, storied names like Essex or Hornet, or Enterprise (hopefully a Ford-class flattop gets that majestic name)... but that's for another forum.

Quoting Aeroflot001 (Reply 9):

Hands off MIA! It's amazing that that airport has made it this far without being christened Alex Pinellas International or something similar. If anyone gets that name, like someone said above, it's Julia Tuttle or perhaps Amelia Earhart, who originated her RTW flight from Miami in '37. For the love of Christ, no politicians!

Edited for lousy grammar

[Edited 2010-05-03 08:26:57]

soon7x7

Mon May 03, 2010 3:43 pm

Reminds me of the time pre 9/11 in ISP (NY) when the then, town supervisor, Pete Macgowen was going to propose a $50,000.00 fine on aircraft arriving in Islips class Charlie airspace after 11:30 pm, (he was running for re election) This would include WN flights down to C-152's. 9/11 according to him, curtailed the proposal as he was quoted to say "I don't have the heart to further impose on aviation after the hit it took on 9/11". Thats big of ya Petie!...the reality is...Southwest had announced its consideration to start up ops at ISP. After he won them over,(according to him) he then went on to name the new $5.3 million dollar concourse after himself....What a true politician...This had local pilots reeling...but as his Irish luck would fail him...he was found with his hand in the til and ended up doing time...Heres' to ya Pete...   

An interesting thread and I'd bet it will be O'Hare as well...

Cubsrule

Mon May 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Quoting greggarious (Reply 32):
Politics aside (for what it's worth, I worked on his campaign), taking the name of a Navy Medal of Honor recipient off and putting up the name of just another politician is an abhorrent thought.

Believe it or not, I don't know that there's the political will in Chicago to get it done. Chicago isn't Atlanta in this regard, and never has been. There certainly have been, are, and will be politicians who have done enough to get their name on airports in Chicago, but I have NEVER been aware of any serious movement to change the name of either ORD or MDW.

FlyDeltaJets87

Tue May 04, 2010 2:11 am

Hands off MIA! It's amazing that that airport has made it this far without being christened Alex Pinellas International or something similar. If anyone gets that name, like someone said above, it's Julia Tuttle or perhaps Amelia Earhart, who originated her RTW flight from Miami in '37. For the love of Christ, no politicians!

How about "Dan Marino Int'l"   

steex

Wed May 05, 2010 6:41 am

Hands off MIA!

I would suggest David Caruso International, but in compromise, how about just CSI: Miami International? Everyone is required to take off sunglasses as they walk into the terminal and The Who will play on continuous loop!  
Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 34):
Believe it or not, I don't know that there's the political will in Chicago to get it done.

I think this may be true, otherwise I would imagine one of the two would've been named after papa Daley by now. As it is, both the O'hare and Midway names have become iconic in Chicago - I don't think the desire is there to change it. I know as a former suburbanite, I just can't imagine either one being called anything else. Of course, that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen, but I think that's probably the feeling of most.

Given that Obama introduced the provision that politicians pay full charter rate for use of non-commercial flights and prohibits the use of private jets, it would be interesting to put his name on an airport without commercial service. Perhaps rename PWK to Chicago - Barack Obama Executive Airport?

Bongodog1964

Wed May 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Quoting QatarA340 (Reply 31):
Nairobi Obama International! hahaha since its where his father is from!

According to the far right conspiracy theorists, his own home town as well !!!!!

GrinddalCPH

Wed May 05, 2010 2:52 pm

I kinda like that the states name airports after politicians!

My home Airport Copenhagen is SOO Boring, its named Kastrup after the suburb its located in, well only the terminals are in that town!

BUT, what about airports with names after other influentual people, Like George Best City airport in Belfast?

kinda cool isnt it ?
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway!

L410Turbolet

Wed May 05, 2010 5:13 pm

Quoting GrinddalCPH (Reply 38):
BUT, what about airports with names after other influentual people, Like George Best City airport in Belfast?

I suppose you actually meant named after people "under the influence"...?   
Naming airports after people "famous" for kicking a ball around seems like an even more ridiculous idea than naming them after politicians. Kastrup, Heathrow, Barajas, Vantaa, Ruzyne, etc. may all be incredibly boring but at the same time it's neutral and positively free of being politically loaded.

I would imagine that upon completion of his term(s), that President Obama will have an airport named after him

Why not wait at least until he's dead? Naming places after people while they are still around stinks with building one's personality cult.

GrinddalCPH

Wed May 05, 2010 5:41 pm

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 39):
I suppose you actually meant named after people "under the influence"...?
Naming airports after people "famous" for kicking a ball around seems like an even more ridiculous idea than naming them after politicians. Kastrup, Heathrow, Barajas, Vantaa, Ruzyne, etc. may all be incredibly boring but at the same time it's neutral and positively free of being politically loaded.

HAHA, well I suppose naming an airport after a Dead manic-depressive alcoholic, does not send a good message, But he was a BIG Icon in NI, an important Icon in a country with such a dramatic poor history. That is why I like it.

But I see your point :P

Hey, Think if they named Prague Airport, Vaclav Havel Intl Airport, that would be cool, political or not  

Or, Niels Bohr Intl Airport in DK  It does not have to be a political icon, or a famous drunken footballer, just something Iconic  

Anyways, Kastrup is Boring to me, Gardemoen, Arlanda, Ruzyne, Changi, Chep Lap kok, Schipol, and so on, they sound cool. But Kastrup just sound so generic  

PacNWjet

Wed May 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Quoting GrinddalCPH (Reply 40):
Or, Niels Bohr Intl Airport in DK It does not have to be a political icon, or a famous drunken footballer, just something Iconic

As in Liverpool John Lennon Airport?

L410Turbolet

Wed May 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey, Think if they named Prague Airport, Vaclav Havel Intl Airport, that would be cool, political or not

Ummm, no. I have nothing against Vaclav Havel (and I am sure he would be the first to object any such idea), but he is a politican and given our recent history people would not like the idea anyway. To explain you this reluctance: My grandma who was born in 1912 and despite living int the same town her entire life, she has lived in four different entities throughout her life (Austria-Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren, Czechoslovak Socialist Republic and finally the Czech Republic). Each era meant - among other things - taking down old memorials and statues and erecting new ones, renaming streets, buildings, etc. For that very reason giving e.g. airports name after geographical places is maybe boring but safe and the most likely way for them to withstand the "winds of change" (not that I would want any further).

If you really insist on naming airports after people, I'd prefer e.g. someone like M.R. Stefanik who is:
a) dead for along time and his political legacy has been scrutinized and is set once and for good
b) was not only a politican and a general but also an astronomer and aviation pioneer.
But unfortunately this name has been already taken by BTS.

isitsafenow

Wed May 05, 2010 6:51 pm

I can't think of anywhere off the top of my head where an airport already named for someone was later renamed after someone else.

Try New Orleans.

Obama will have an airport named after him somewhere in Hawaii.
Any takers here?
safe
If two people agree on EVERYTHING, then one isn't necessary.

GrinddalCPH

Wed May 05, 2010 7:54 pm

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 41):
As in Liverpool John Lennon Airport?

Exactly mate, that is such an awesome name in my opinion!

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 42):
Ummm, no. I have nothing against Vaclav Havel (and I am sure he would be the first to object any such idea), but he is a politican and given our recent history people would not like the idea anyway. To explain you this reluctance: My grandma who was born in 1912 and despite living int the same town her entire life, she has lived in four different entities throughout her life (Austria-Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren, Czechoslovak Socialist Republic and finally the Czech Republic). Each era meant - among other things - taking down old memorials and statues and erecting new ones, renaming streets, buildings, etc. For that very reason giving e.g. airports name after geographical places is maybe boring but safe and the most likely way for them to withstand the "winds of change" (not that I would want any further).

If you really insist on naming airports after people, I'd prefer e.g. someone like M.R. Stefanik who is:
a) dead for along time and his political legacy has been scrutinized and is set once and for good
b) was not only a politican and a general but also an astronomer and aviation pioneer.
But unfortunately this name has been already taken by BTS

I see your point mate, I really do, and I understand, but in a Country Like Denmark, with a very "Neutral" History, it could be done! But we danes are known to be "by the book" Sigh  

My stepdad is actually from the czech republic, So I really do understand your point,,

HAHA you could always call Jaromir Jagr Intl Airport :P HAHA that way no one would be hurt ? HAHAH

WROORD

Thu May 06, 2010 2:30 am

How about Mumbasa? But seriously probably none.

kriso

Mon May 10, 2010 4:13 am

Anyways, Kastrup is Boring to me, Gardemoen, Arlanda, Ruzyne, Changi, Chep Lap kok, Schipol, and so on, they sound cool. But Kastrup just sound so generic

Hasn't CPH removed Kastrup as it's name and is now known officially as Copenhagen Airport, like MMX recently removed it's Sturup and is now called Malmo Airport?

bjorn14

Thu May 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Quoting Wroord (Reply 45):
How about Mumbasa? But seriously probably none.

MBA was my first choice but it was already named after Daniel arap Koi (fmr. Kenyan pres.) so my bet would be HNL
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

Viscount724

Thu May 13, 2010 9:05 pm

One problem with Schiphol is that it's so often spelled incorrectly, without the last H.  

love2009iah

Fri May 14, 2010 12:57 am

My best guess would be HNL.

HNL Barack Oboma Int'l Airport