Ansett767
Topic Author

LH/BA Or CX In Business Class From LON To SYD

Thu May 06, 2010 4:37 am

Have the option between these two:

LON to SYD - Business class (flat bed)

1. CX - all the way

or

2. LH from LCY to FRA and from FRA to BKK/SIN (angle seat)
BA from BKK/SIN to SYD (flat bed)

For me the CX option is more appealing as it is guaranteed flat bed whole way (sleep is the most important thing for me followed by food....)  

But, open to suggestions and any recommendations people may have.....

Thanks in advance

initious

RE: LH/BA Or CX In Business Class From LON To SYD

Thu May 06, 2010 11:23 am

Why not try SQ all the way? Might burn a hole in your pocket though.. 

Alternatively, you could try TG. Their refurbished 747-400s now serves the European routes and you can get the A346 from BKK-SYD. Flat beds all the way! However, they are famous for subbing equipments at the last minute so be prepared.
One day I will fly around the world!

KU747

Thu May 06, 2010 11:38 am

IMO CX has a better product than BA and LH, so I think you will enjoy the Business class with CX.

But if you consider trying EY's J class, it is fabulous.
Also EK if you can manage to book on A380 all the way to SYD.
707,727,73all,741,742,743,744,752,753,762,763,77all,300,310,319,320,321,332,333,343,346, L10,L15,DC10,MD11,SSC,VC10

ClassicLover

Fri May 07, 2010 6:37 pm

CX - ALL the way.

They have amazing service, a very comfortable product, great food and did I mention amazing service?

It's no call between them - CX head and shoulders above the rest.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

vhtje

Sat May 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Quoting ClassicLover (Reply 3):
CX - ALL the way.

They have amazing service, a very comfortable product, great food and did I mention amazing service?

It's no call between them - CX head and shoulders above the rest.

Sorry ClassicLover, I have to disagree with you there - whilst I thought the service on CX was terrific, I absolutely HATED the herringbone layout. I felt like I was in a narrow coffin, and all I could see were dirty socks. I will not choose CX again until they replace this layout.

I much perfer BA's ClubWorld - seat 62A or 62K on a 744 if you can one of them are particularly private. Serivce is okay, but the food can be very disappointing (similarly, can be quite good). Still, for me, the better bed is worth having my cheese platter presented in Glad Wrap (as happened last time...)

I cannot comment on LH.
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

ClassicLover

Sat May 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Quoting vhtje (Reply 4):
Sorry ClassicLover, I have to disagree with you there - whilst I thought the service on CX was terrific, I absolutely HATED the herringbone layout. I felt like I was in a narrow coffin, and all I could see were dirty socks. I will not choose CX again until they replace this layout.

I had no issue whatsoever with the layout. Why were you looking at dirty socks? You should have been watching the IFE, which is amazing by the way   ... Also, the seat is incredibly comfortable and soft.

Quoting vhtje (Reply 4):
I much perfer BA's ClubWorld - seat 62A or 62K on a 744 if you can one of them are particularly private. Serivce is okay, but the food can be very disappointing (similarly, can be quite good). Still, for me, the better bed is worth having my cheese platter presented in Glad Wrap (as happened last time...)

Pfft. Personally, I didn't like the up and down privacy screen. When it was down, having some stranger looking at you, and when it's up it's so high that you're cut off from everything.

Definitely CX   ... J is not just a seat, it's the whole experience... CX isn't airline of the year for nothing, you know!
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!