peh
Topic Author

Oh Wow! Another Review Of SIN Business Class

Sat May 22, 2010 10:04 am

I'm a regular reader of the Sydney Morning Herald and I'd like to share a cheeky observation.

This is the SMH's 5th review of Singapore Airlines' business class product in less than 12 months.

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/flight-...-business-class-20100520-vhhs.html

I was not at all surprised to find that the author "travelled as a guest of Singapore Airlines".

I'm sure Australian journalists aren't the only ones helping themselves to free luxury travel. I'd love to hear any other stories that might be floating around out there of 'excessive testing'.
Flown: ATR72, DASH 8, 737, 747, 767, 777, A300, A320, A321, A330, A340, MD80

RyanairGuru

RE: Oh Wow! Another Review Of SIN Business Class

Sat May 22, 2010 3:14 pm

On Friday the SMH ran an article on the CO/UA merger. The journalist flew to the Star Alliance conference in Sau Paulo to write it. And would you guess who he flew courtesy of?

I couldn't help but wonder... How many people (not on Anet) in Australia have heard of CO or even UA??? Yes UA fly to Sydney and therefore probably have wider recognition there than elsewhere (I knew having living/lived in Canberra and Brisbane that brand recognition is almost nonexistent elsewhere) although I did see an advert for United in Launceston of all places.

Really does the average newspaper reader care about the CO/UA merger???
Worked Hard, Flew Right

CXB77L

RE: Oh Wow! Another Review Of SIN Business Class

Sat May 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Hmmm ...

From the article:

Quote:
After flying in Singapore's A380 business class last year, anything else will seem second-best. This Boeing has been fitted with the same colour palette and leather and the seats are comfortable (pictured), though not as wide or as flat as the bigger A380.

That's because the B773 is equipped with regional Business Class seats. Comparing apples and oranges, interesting journalism.

You mentioned that this is about the 5th review of SQ's J class? Did any of the others feature its long haul J class product?
Boeing 777 fanboy