MEACEDAR
Topic Author

LGW To LHR- Transfer Question

Thu May 27, 2010 4:47 am

Hey a.netters, I'm sure this has come up many times, but I can never seem to locate adequate threads. They are either outdated or simply too general. Anyways, here is the situation: My mother will be traveling from MCO-LGW and then from LHR-BEY on Virgin and BMI, respectively. The flights are booked under the same ticket. She has around a 12 hour wait in London, so time-wise, I'm sure she will be fine. I have never transfered from Gatwick to Heathrow before since I usually fly straight into LHR by connecting via IAD or ORD or some other airport that flies straight into LHR. I rather make an extra stop and not have to transfer. My mother wanted to reduce the amount of stops, so the only adequate flights were through London or FRA. Flying into FRA was almost triple the cost of London, so it didn't make any sense to fly into FRA.

My question is: What is the best and safest way for my mother, who is traveling alone, to transit from LGW to LHR? Also, please tell me specifics, like timings and lengths, etc.

Thanks for your help!

lhr380

RE: LGW To LHR- Transfer Question

Thu May 27, 2010 4:50 am

National Express do a LGW-LHR shuttle bus, takes about an hour or so.

Very regular, here is the link to the site.

http://www.nationalexpress.com/airporttransfers/gatwick.aspx
(The views on this site are my own and no one elses)

ukoverlander

RE: LGW To LHR- Transfer Question

Thu May 27, 2010 4:57 am

You can simply transfer by coach using National Express. If I remember well it's about GBP20.00 which is about four times cheaper than taking a taxi (about GBP 80-90 I think).

Details can be found at the National Express website (below) - buses typically leave about every 20 minutes. Heathrow to Gatwick is extremely well served by coach connection and normally takes about 1hour and 15 minutes (although sometimes longer if the M25 motorway is backed up).

http://www.nationalexpress.com/airporttransfers.aspx