ronen763

Ryanair Baggage Limit

Fri May 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Hi,

I'm traveling to Europe in early August and will be taking Ryanair on some internal flights. I plan on having one carry-on under 22 kgs. Before I book on Ryanair's website, I wanted to clarify what their policy is. I'm not prompted to identify whether my "bag" is carry-on or check-in, but regardless, if I click "1" it says 20 GBP. If my baggage is just a carry-on and under 22, will I have to pay anything?

Thanks in advance!
Ron

signol

RE: Ryanair Baggage Limit

Fri May 28, 2010 6:12 pm

I'm under the impression that there's a 10kg limit for carry-on, and 15kg for the 1st checked bag. You can pay extra for a 20kg checked bag.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/cabin-baggage-allowance
http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/checked-baggage-allowance

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

rcaq

Fri May 28, 2010 6:30 pm

Alright, hold on.

FR pax are allowed to have a 10kg hand luggage / carry on, providing that it measures up to the general dimensions stated on their website.

If you need to check in a bag (max. 15KG), you need to pay for the bag: 15 EUR / pp. & leg ONLINE (or 35 EUR if you do that at the apt)

Got over 15 KG? 20 EUR / EXCESS KG
you'd better be splitting the weight...like 10 KG carry on + including a bag in the booking for 15 EUR (=15KG)

Summing up, you'd need a carry on bag (10 KG...free) and an ordinary suitcase (incl. the rest of the ttl. 22KG you got...max. 15KG) -

HT

Fri May 28, 2010 7:53 pm

22 kg ?
Like mentioned above, one option is to split into 15 kg in 1 checked bag for 15 EUR and 7 kg carry-on (free of charge, but as always overhead bin space is limited)..

Second option is to book TWO checked bags with max. 15 kg each. The first bag goes at 15 EUR , the second at 35 EUR.
Beware: The 2x 15 kg allowance may not be combined; if one bag weighs more than 15 kg, excess fees apply.

-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !