ozglobal
Topic Author

CDG-SYD In F - Dec 10 - Jan 11 Looking For Deals

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:37 pm

I am making one of my twice yearly trips back from Paris to Oz for Christmas. I plan to travel around 22 Dec - forward journey and return approx 4 Jan.

I am QF Platinum / OW Emerald and usually favour BA, CX and QF.

However, the prices offered by other airlines, such at EY can outweigh the benefit of the 100% bonus points I get with BA and QF. Hence, for the first time, I am looking at going non-OW. I'm not too worried about status, as I have already obtained Lifetime Gold status on QF. Hence, I'm open to the best value for money.

On short hall C or F are not worth it, but on a 24hr flight, F starts to make a big difference to your vacation. Whilst I've been upgraded from J to F about 10 times on BA, QF, CX and AF, one can never assume this will happen. I am for the first time seriously considering paying for F if the deal is right. I have found 5110 Euros CDG-SYD in F on EY (Just rated world's best First Class by Skytrax http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/e...urguestzones/pages/newDiamond.aspx ).

Given those parameters, anyone see why I should do anything different?
When all's said and done, there'll be more said than done.

LAXintl

RE: CDG-SYD In F - Dec 10 - Jan 11 Looking For Dea

Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:39 am

Yes don't check any bags this year.
EY sounds good if you wish to give them a try. Otherwise how about SQ A380?

Also I personally find it amazing you can plan 6-months ahead. I can barely figure out a trip I might wish to take next week.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

ozglobal
Topic Author

RE: CDG-SYD In F - Dec 10 - Jan 11 Looking For Dea

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:22 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 1):
Yes don't check any bags this year.

Excellent!! Very impressed you remember my saga with LHR last year! I am now, more and more surviving with a cabin bag and enjoying the difference of truly traveling light!

Otherwise how about SQ A380?

SQ is not discounting any F or R - around 9700 Euros; Thier J is not bad at 4300 euros. EY suites are nearly at the SQ R level, but nearly 50% less with the price I found.

Also I personally find it amazing you can plan 6-months ahead. I can barely figure out a trip I might wish to take next week.

Well, I used to be like that before moving to France where vacations and planning them are a serious business. Most of my colleagues have their long summer vacations planned with their families either at exotic locations or at their traditional family beach destinations 9-12 months in advance!! Plus, Australians are used to planning the their trips to see family at Christmas 6 months in advance as the whole nation is on the move over those dates and there are 2 million expats making the trip home! Finally, having decided than on 24hr+ Europe - Oz trips that J is worth it, I have developed a permanent habit of hunting down J and F deals.
When all's said and done, there'll be more said than done.