tbar220
Topic Author

Cheap Airfare To St. John's

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Need some help. Roommate and I are looking for cheap'ish airfare to New Foundland. Does it exist? And if it does, how can we find it? We're going in July from Chicago to St. John's and everything is really high priced. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you!
NO URLS in signature

airman99o

RE: Cheap Airfare To St. John's

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Have you checked out Porter? would be a bit of a day of travelling and bouncing around till you got there. but they have a great promo going on. have a look. they fly out of MDW, then to YTZ then on to YOW, YHZ, YYT. a long day, but free beer, wine, and a nice snack, and a great overall product.
Safety is Everyones Responsibility.

BE77

Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:08 am

As described, Porter would be an interesting trip, and especially if you are travelling off peak (weekends for them usually) then the price is right especially for the service.

The other option would be to find the best Chicago > YYZ flight you can, then look at Westjet the rest of the way - the flight might not (won't?) be dirt cheap, but there is an upper limit to what they charge, even for the last seat in the plane.

AC will generally be competitive in price in advance (say for the first 50% of seatsd in the plance), but if the flights start to fill, their 'last seat' price is 'usually' higher.
Watch both AC and WS on Wednesdays (early!) for seat sales as well (it might be worth it for you to sign up for their weekly emails).

Have fun / Kiss the cod!
Tower, Affirmitive, gear is down and welded

HorizonGirl

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:45 am

Quoting tbar220 (Thread starter):
Does it exist?

Unfortunately it is quite hard to come by. Most of my family lives there, and I almost never get to see them because the airfare can be ridiculous. I would I believe Porter to have excellent service through what I've seen, though I have yet to fly with them.
AC sometimes has good deals, and they are my preferred carrier.

Devon
Flying high on the Wings of the Great Northwest!