Topic Author

EWR Shuttle Bus Between TermA & C Still Operating?

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:56 pm

Does anyone have any info. on the shuttle bus that runs from gates C71 and A28 at EWR? Are they still operating? How frequent are they? I'm asking because I plan on using it for my 50min connection there where the need to come out of the secure area, take the Airtrain to Terminal A and re-clear security doesn't suit. The CO website is quite vague about it.

RE: EWR Shuttle Bus Between TermA & C Still Operat

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:20 pm

still is running...

regularity: pretty good
comfort: not really
ease of use: egh, depends
50 min to connect in EWR: ewwwww, I hope it's early in the morning before the typical delays kick in and the weather is good....
"Sonny, did we land? or were we shot down?"

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:24 pm

There are actually two busses.

One bus operates inside the secure area from gate C71 to gate A28 as you specified.

The other connects the wings of the A concourse (A28 to A31) since you can't walk between them without exiting and re-entering security.

I've done 50 minutes connects in both directions, so I know it *can* be done. Travel as light as possible and walk briskly.  wave 

[Edited 2010-06-24 11:27:20]

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:54 pm

Sure would be nice if the AIRPORT would run a shuttle between all the terminals and wings! Going through security just to make a connecting flight is crazy.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:42 pm

I was on that bus back in October! I was supposed to fly EWR-PHL-ROC on US Airways but the thunderstorms delayed my flight to the point where I'd miss my connection -- the last ROC flight out of PHL for the night, so they rebooked me on a direct CO/Colgan flight. I didn't mind too much; I was nervous as the only thing I'd ever heard about Colgan was 3407, and I wouldn't be getting as many miles, but I was very pleasantly surprised. And I got DL miles too as it was two days before CO moved to Star.

Anyway, I remember walking down the jet bridge, then down a set of steps from the end of the bridge to the tarmac to get on the bus. That was fun, and it had good views of the ramp.

Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you, By the livin' Gawd that made you, You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!