tim222
Topic Author

Is VS Premium Worth It

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:42 am

going to MCO in November and it is £350/$525 each to upgrade to Premium Economy. Only flown y on VS before, but has anyone been in premium before on this route and is it worth it (ie are they less screaming brats running around), also is it the same premium as at LHR coz i remember last time the economy service was different out of LGW than out of LHR or is it across the whole fleet now

readytotaxi

RE: Is VS Premium Worth It

Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:39 pm

My sister has just come back from MCO and flew your planned trip here is what she thought.

No1, Yes there are less screaming brats and the cabin was indeed a bit quieter, the people in the cabin seemed to understand the reason of premium travel and was not much noise.

No2, look at the Virgin web site, only the LHR planes have the NEW Premium seat, my sister said that the seats
looked tired but comfortable.

No3, meal service was good and food had good flavours.

No4, She felt that the crew, all female, spent too much time talking among themselves, seem to lack experience/polish.

Would she do it again? NO. She voted to upgrade on the night flight back to UK but Y on the outbound.
Hope that helps you.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!

a340crew

RE: Is VS Premium Worth It

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:48 am

Yes it is worth it. It feels more like a buisness class than a prem. economy (at least comperable to us carriers domestic buisness class). I usually fly BOS-LHR. I would sugest buying a Y ticket then upgrading at the airport. They usually offer cheaper upgrades (sometime as low as $150 USD) at check in trying to fill prem. The only thing with this is it might be full when you check in.