MEACEDAR
Topic Author

Transferring At ORD (UA To AA)

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:13 pm

Hey a.netters, I'm going to be arriving in ORD with UA and departing from ORD with AA. How do you transfer between the two terminals? Do I have to go through security again?

MEACEDAR
Topic Author

RE: Transferring At ORD (UA To AA)

Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:25 pm

I got it it guys. Walk from T5 to T3 is a pain but you don't have to go through security.

rollingstar101

Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Nope if you arrive at the C concourse talk the underground walk way to concourse B and follow the signs all the way to the AA terminal (terminal 3). You don't have to go through security again. It a long walk depending where your arrival gate is and your departure gate maybe 15-20 min.

AmricanShamrok

Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:24 pm

Quoting MEACEDAR (Reply 1):

If you're arriving into the International Terminal 5 (presumably on a UA international flight) then you have to clear immigration first. If you have checked baggage you have to claim it and go through customs. Immediately after you've done this you can re-check it through to your final destination at the AA interline desk on the right. Then you come out of the secure area and into the public-access one of T5.

You then have to connect to Terminal 3 - the easiest way to do this is to take the Airport Transit System train which goes through all the terminals every few minutes. Unfortunately you have to re-clear security at Terminal 3 (as is the case for all arriving international passengers at ORD, regardless of what terminal you're connecting to).

You cannot walk between T5 and T3 as T5 is isolated from the other 3 terminals and there are power-mad traffic officials outside on the road that will bark at you if you attempt to walk on it.

If you have any other questions about ORD, let me know.

pilotpip

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:26 am

Nothing more than a bit of a walk if you're not coming from the M gates as mentioned. I do it on a regular basis commuting to/from work.

In fact I went from the end of K to C6 today. Took 15 minutes at a steady walking pace. I've done it in under 10 but was out of breath by the time I got where I was going.
DMI