Question - US Airways BOS-PBG

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:23 am

I'm looking to travel to Montreal for a requirement for this award program I'm working on. I love the BOS-PBG fare for about $59 e/way for some weekends in October and November.

When did US start serving PBG? I looked at some old route maps and did not see PBG. How long do you think this service will last?

Though I'm only a high-school student, I am seriously considering going to Canada for college, specifically McGill. With such a close proximity to Montreal, PBG and US service to Boston looks really appealing and cheap and gives me easy connections throughout the US, especially back home to VA.

Personally, I hope it will last for a long time  . I could definitely use it frequently if I eventually end up going to McGill!
Roar, lion, roar

RE: Question - US Airways BOS-PBG

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:57 am

It is an EAS route that Colgan picked up when Cape Air dropped it. Commutair had the route prior to Cape Air, which had been flown under the Continental Connection in the mid-2000s, and as US Airways Express in the 1990s and the early 2000s. I believe Big Sky also briefly operated this in the mid-2000s as well as Delta Connection out of Boston as well.

The route should be safe as an EAS route; however, it might not always be US Airways, as Cape Air or another operator could bid on these routes.