jdk1245
Topic Author

Newark To Beijing Flight (where Do I Sit?)

Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi,

I spend a lot of time reading your posts here. I don't work in the travel industry, but do travel on business to asia from california. I have this opportunity next sunday to fly from newark to beijing on continental.

While I think the flight goes over the arctic circle, I am sitting in business class and want to know if I should sit on the right or left hand side of the plane. I want to be able to look outside.

Which side should I sit on?
Which side has the best sights?

thanks,

Julio.

copter808

RE: Newark To Beijing Flight (where Do I Sit?)

Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:45 pm

Aside from a window seat, I'm not sure it makes much difference. The left side will have the sun shining through the window (it may be pretty low on the horizon during part of the flight) where the right side won't have this problem. Think I have usually been on the left side. Check the seat/window orientation first as I think there is at least one seat that does not have a convenient window--you have to lean forward to look out,

You likely won't be able to see much of China due to clouds and haze, but the views of the mountains and glaciers in the northern regions is astounding!

Have a good trip and thank you for flying Continental!

modesto2

RE: Newark To Beijing Flight (where Do I Sit?)

Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:09 am

I really don't think it matters. I flew EWR-PVG in J and had some fantastic views of Russia from all windows   Enjoy!