HT
Topic Author

Connecting Flights Int'l To Int'l At NRT

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:30 am

Just a quick question for reconfirmation:

I am looking into a flight ICN - NRT - GUM on a single ticket that would allow me 2h10min to make the connection (1340h until 1550h ) at NRT Terminal 1.
ICN - NRT is operated by OZ (using a CO-flight number)
NRT - GUM is Air Mike (as CO)

I assume such a connection is viable ?
Would there be anything to be concerned of ?
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

airbuseric

RE: Connecting Flights Int'l To Int'l At NRT

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:54 am

Quoting HT (Thread starter):
ICN - NRT is operated by OZ (using a CO-flight number)
NRT - GUM is Air Mike (as CO)

I assume such a connection is viable ?

Yes, that is not a problem at all at NRT.

Even more, OZ and CO basically are in the same terminal 1, using both other ends, but that's alright.

Baggage is also not a concern, I guess it will labeled to your final destination, so the Japanese staff can be trusted to make you connection succesfully.
"The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going"

HT
Topic Author

RE: Connecting Flights Int'l To Int'l At NRT

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks for the reconfirmation.

Quoting airbuseric (Reply 1):
Baggage is also not a concern, I guess it will labeled to your final destination

This is my strong assumption too.
Actually it would counterproductive for the airline not to do so, as the through ticket (oneway, but also return tickets) SEL-NRT-GUM is cheaper than SEL-NRT only.
If the luggage were not labelled through, pax (including me) could be tempted to book a through ticket, but then disembark at NRT and make NRT-GUM a no-show. And just take the risk to get a penalty by the airlline, charging them that higher fare (but a penalty which might not arrive at pax) ...
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !