gvdplas
Topic Author

LHR - Transit In T5 - Lounge In T3?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi,

In two weeks, I'll be in transit in LHR T5 for 3,5hours. I'm travelling in BA Pr.Economy, so no access to lounge. But as a Skyward Gold, I would like to spend some time in EK lounge in T3.

Does anyone know whether going to T3 just for the EK lounge and get back to T5 to catch my second leg flight is feasable? Is it worthy or will I lose too much time transiting between T5 and T3?

thanks

G.

[Edited 2010-08-04 05:42:27]

ketko2

RE: LHR - Transit In T5 - Lounge In T3?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:48 pm

I do not even think it is possible to go airside in other terminal than the one you are departing from though. So unless the lounge is landside, I doubt you will be able to take advantage of your FF status. Not speaking from my own experience though, so someone might want to correct me if I am wrong.

Keishi.

airbuseric

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:34 pm

They check your boarding pass prior you enter a terminal at LHR, so if you do not hold a boardingpass for a T3 flight, then basically you'll not get access to T3, as far as I know about this...
"The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going"

gvdplas
Topic Author

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi guys,

That's what I thought but just wanted to check whether there would be somekind of a way. to make it happen...
but seems to be hopeless.

No big deal, I'll survive 3 hours in T5.

I'm flying F on BA Friday, I'll try to negotiate a lounge voucher...any tips on that?

Thanks anyway

airbuseric

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:37 pm

Quoting gvdplas (Reply 3):

I'm flying F on BA Friday, I'll try to negotiate a lounge voucher...any tips on that?

Why don't you check if a good offer is available to upgrade your Y+ to Business or even First on BA. The information kiosk in T5 are available for you to check and quote a price.

If you try to arrange a voucher, I would suggest you to try in advance by contact our local BA office, instead of trying your luck at the airport. A remark in your booking reference might do the trick here (since lounge staff can see the remarks also). So, I would try to figure something out with your local BA sales section.
"The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going"