sectflyer
Topic Author

Air Asia Booking Questions

Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:57 pm

I will be flying from HKG to HKT this coming November and have some questions. First of all I had to use a booking service called Wegolo based in the Netherlands because It was impossible to use my US credit card at all. No matter what I did It was declined. I got the booking straightened out and all seems good. The one potential problem I have is that I went back on the Air Asia site to pick a seat and when I did I had to pay for it. I was unable to use my credit card as mentioned above. My booking went from CONFIRMED to UNCONFIRMED because now there is a small amount owed. I called the Air Asia call center in the UK and was told that my booking was still good but had to pay the fee at the airport. It is still causing me a bit of angst seeing my booking as UNCONFIRMED. Any advice out there about this question or AIR Asia in general?

gffgold

RE: Air Asia Booking Questions

Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:47 am

The advice given by the UK office sounds reasonable - the 'unconfirmed' flag on the website booking engine may be automatically generated when there are fees owing without invalidating the reservation itself.

sectflyer
Topic Author

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:51 pm

I certainly hope so. Why is it that Air Asia customers in the US have not means to make a booking directly? There are online forums filled with people complaining that credit cards in the US wont work. The only reason that I am going on Air Asia is that they were less than half the price of Cathay or Thai!

thefuture

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:42 am

US banking system is one of the worst in western world.

I wouldn't take your US credit card either.

Air Asia is ok. Cheap & efficient.

They've turned air travel into a commodity like Ryanair & both seem to be going from strength to strength at expense of legacy carriers who just can't seem to adjust to new ways of doing things.

The likes of Air Asia, have uncomplicated the whole process.

Had a pilot friend fly OOL/KUL this week & he said they were fine.

Funny how people say, oh they are so cheap, there must be something wrong with them.

If only these people knew how inefficient the old legacy carriers are. Remember that many airlines started out as govt enterprises & we are know how hopelessly inefficient any govt enterprise is. There's no reason for them to be efficient. Employees still get paid no matter how badly they do their jobs.

In the real world, you do a bad job, you get the boot.

[Edited 2010-08-18 21:43:37]

sectflyer
Topic Author

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:19 pm

HA! Touche! As a quick side note to this story last week I logged into my itinerary to make another attempt to pay for it and American Express was now listed as a payment option. I tried it and it worked! Before my MasterCard and Visa would not. All is well it seems.