MCO2BRS
Topic Author

Questions About Layover In KEF

Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:57 am

Hi All!

I'm looking at flying to the UK in late Sept, and one of the options is FI SFB-KEF-LHR, one of the options has a 10hr layover in KEF. I haven't been through KEF since I was a kid, so don't recall what the airport is like. I know its really tiny, if I took the option with 10hr layover, can I... leave the terminal, and come back in? if so... would 10hrs be enough to head into Reykjavik and see the city?

The information on KEF's site only provides info if you're making an overnight stay in Reykjavik, I didn't see anything about a same day visit to the city.

Cheers

MCO 2 BRS

Thule

RE: Questions About Layover In KEF

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:15 am

For KEF itself, take a look at the trip reports. It's a great airport but only enough to entertain for 2hrs max.

I can't think of any security problems as long as you have your ticket to LHR in hand. 10 hours is plenty of time to go into the city - take the FlyBus (1700 kroner one way last time I was there) which departs from KEF regularly. It takes a bit less than an hour to get to the BSI Bus Terminal, then about a 10 minute walk to the city center (with F50's overhead landing at RKV!).

Let me know if you have any other questions!

MCO2BRS
Topic Author

RE: Questions About Layover In KEF

Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:16 am

Thanks Thule!

I've read a couple of the TR's I think it would be cool to spend the day in Reykjavik. I've sent an email to FI asking if they can confirm I can leave the terminal and reenter later on in the day, last thing I need is to be stuck in KEF and not able to get to LHR!

Cheers

MCO 2 BRS