kamboi
Topic Author

Questions Regarding AF - SFO-BEY-SFO

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Am flying out on AF A330-200 and connecting with AF B777-200. This will be my first time on an A340 (finally) (only A380 remains). Can anyone shed a light on the cabin of AF A340 and what are the best seats, personal videos, etc... On my return it's ME A30-200 and the B744. Is AF B744 upper deck economy or business? How's the ride there. Thanks.

OA260

RE: Questions Regarding AF - SFO-BEY-SFO

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:23 pm

Viscount724

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:46 pm

Quoting kamboi (Thread starter):
Is AF B744 upper deck economy or business? How's the ride there.

The upper deck of AF 744s is economy but I believe they now charge 50 euros or equivalent for upper deck seats unless you are a gold or platinum member in their Flying Blue frequent flyer program. I flew in the upper deck on AF 744s about a year ago CDG-YYZ-CDG and was able to select seats there when I booked although I am only a silver Flying Blue member. The service was excellent as it was less than half full and everyone had 3 seats to themselves. Seat pitch on the upper deck is 34 inches, 2 more than the main deck, making it very spacious. The upper deck seats on AF 744s are also the only economy seats with PTVs. There were 2 flight attendants assigned to the upper deck which made service very fast especially due to the light loads. What a huge contrast with AF's cramped 10-abreast 777s.

goldorak

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:27 am

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 2):
The upper deck seats on AF 744s are also the only economy seats with PTVs.

to be exact : all AF 744 Y upper deck seats have PTV. For lower deck Y seating, only three 744 have PTV (the last 3 delivered to AF).
I confirm what Viscount724 said about upper deck seating. It's the best Y travel experience you can have on any EU or US carrier. If you are not elite/elite+ in Skyteam, it really worth to pay the 50 Euros, IMO.
Enjoy