Topic Author

Help Needed With Masters Research

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Hello All, I am conducting some research for my masters dissertation. I am looking at what environmental factors may limit the growth of the aviation industry and what may minimise these growth limitations so we can all continue to enjoy the benefits of aviation! I would be most grateful if you could take a few moments to consider the questions and complete with your answers. Please click on the link below to complete the questionnaire. Many thanks!!

RE: Help Needed With Masters Research

Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:00 pm

I think you are researching a very interesting area, which will become more and more important in the future, so congratulations on choosing this subject and of course, best wishes with your dissertation.

I was amused to read in one of your questions, the stated aims of the UK govt on aviation issues; I'm just waiting for them to do something consistent with this goal! Their aviation policy seems to have been written for them by environmentalists with a view of the aviation industry that tends to equate it with the tobacco industry; there is absolutely no incentive for it to improve and its improvements are not recognised; when I say, "incentive", I mean that there is nothing to say that "if you reach a certain level of emissions per seat, your tax will be reduced"; it is all "hit, hit, hit". Aviation is seen as purely negative, without any recognition of its contribution or its importance to the economy.