FilAmAirlines
Topic Author

Worst Frequent Flyer Program?

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:37 am

In my honest opinion, the AA AAdvantage program has to be the worst frequent flyer programs of the major airlines. I don't believe other USA airlines give 1/2 points for booking the lowest classes on a Y ticket. Earning miles on CX, JL, and BA USA-Europe flights are difficult or your miles are reduced unless you pay a lot for the ticket (The latter of course is impossible no exceptions until probably October this year). AA became the first airline to charge non-elite AAdvantage members a copay for flights within the continental USA and Canada.
What do you believe has the worst airline flyer program and why?
FNT is the death knell for MBS and LAN because of WN's commitment

dl767captain

RE: Worst Frequent Flyer Program?

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:41 am

I have mixed feelings, I always find flights for 25K on Delta, UA always has last minute 25K seats available. CO is almost impossible for me to find flights on and UA doesn't seem to have any business class available for 100K. I think they all have ups and downs it just depends where you're departing and arriving if you're going to get a good deal

LAXintl

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:00 am

Quoting FilAmAirlines (Thread starter):
I don't believe other USA airlines give 1/2 points for booking the lowest classes on a Y ticket.

What are you talking about?? AA gives 100% base miles on all fares.

"AAdvantage members earn actual miles flown, and for short hop flights, elite members earn a 500-mile minimum when flying on American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection flights.
Business-class fares earn an additional 25 percent and first class an extra 50 percent."
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

lhr380

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:25 am

Quoting FilAmAirlines (Thread starter):

And of course in the next few months AA card holders will be able to earn and burn mileage on BA transatlantic flights.
(The views on this site are my own and no one elses)

FilAmAirlines
Topic Author

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:23 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 2):
What are you talking about?? AA gives 100% base miles on all fares.

"AAdvantage members earn actual miles flown, and for short hop flights, elite members earn a 500-mile minimum when flying on American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection flights.
Business-class fares earn an additional 25 percent and first class an extra 50 percent."

I'm talking about points for elite status not base miles. IIRC, AA has a difference between EQM and EQP. This applies only for non-elite members
FNT is the death knell for MBS and LAN because of WN's commitment

VZLA787

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Quoting FilAmAirlines (Reply 4):
I'm talking about points for elite status not base miles. IIRC, AA has a difference between EQM and EQP. This applies only for non-elite members

True, but you can qualify either way, EQP, EQM, or segments. To me AAdvantage works perfectly in this sense. You may fly with a very cheap fare, and still earn 100% mileage and qualifying miles.