YYZRWY23
Topic Author

Why Is It Illegal To Have Intercourse On Airplanes

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:09 pm

Hello a.net,

A friend of mine and I are talking and he says "I want to join the mile-high club.". I tell him that it is illegal, and that it is simply not allowed. Then I got to thinking......what makes it illegal?

Can anyone please specify which laws or regulations state that you may not have intercourse on an aircraft, in the lavatory or any other location?

Could this also be a policy within the contract of carriage?

Any information is appreciated.

YYZRWY23
If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

captaink

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:15 pm

Because having sex in front of unwilling viewers isn´t legal. I mean if you decide to have sex in the mall you will get in trouble the same way. If you get caught having sex in a public bathroom you will get in trouble, so don´t think about the airplane bathroom as an option. Sure in either of the above cases if your actions go undetected you´re fine, but once you are caught doing it, you will have problems.

SO the question should be, why is it ilegal to have sex in public.
There is something special about planes....

JER757

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:16 pm

I doubt there is any specific law that says "you must not have sex on aeroplanes". Just like there's no law that states economy pax must not sit in a First Class seat... but airlines still enforce that rule. I think both for obvious reasons.

There are laws however against public nudity and decency, so any sex which occurs in 'public' is technically illegal.

An interesting article here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6360869.stm
Gale force fog... don't you love it?

beeweel15

RE: Why Is It Illegal To Have Intercourse On Airpl

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:46 am

The Mile High Club I am certain that there are many exclusive and private members. The bottom line is DON'T GET CAUGHT. I am certain a couple has done the do on the SQ A308 already and have not been caught

Skydrol

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:11 am

There once was this L-1011,
believe it was flight 67,
the lav was locked tight,
my girl was just right,
and our inflight experience was heaven!

Illegal? So many of us have been there and not been 'caught' since the beginning of commercial flights. You would have to be pretty um, extreme, to attract enough attention to have an FA open the door and catch you in the act. Until there is a law that a husband cannot enter a lav with his wife to provide assistance, (and it's none of the airline's business why she may need assistance), there is nothing they can say about two people entering the lav unless the events that take place cause a disturbance for other passengers.

Now if a couple decides to have sex at their seats, in the aisle or on the slide housing of an exit door, this is public sexual display, and they should expect to be charged accordingly when the airplane lands. Of course for some, public sexual exhibition is a major turn on, regardless of the consequences.

LD4
∙ ---{--« ∙ ----{--« ∙ --{-« ∙ ---{--« ∙ --{--« ∙ --{-« ∙ ----{--« ∙

AirbusA6

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:49 am

I'm Michael O'Leary would be fine with it, as long as you pay €10 beforehand.
it's the bus to stansted (now renamed National Express a6 to ruin my username)

Quokka

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:29 am

Quoting AirbusA6 (Reply 5):
I'm Michael O'Leary would be fine with it, as long as you pay €10 beforehand.

Is that in addition to the €1 to use the on-board toilet? And will he install condom dispensers? 

IBOAviator

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Quoting beeweel15 (Reply 3):
I am certain a couple has done the do on the SQ A308 already and have not been caught

If I'm paying for a first class ticket on a SQ A380, I wouldn't care all that much. Just make it be known you do not want to be disturbed and give err...

But in all seriousness, it is illegal because people want it to be. After all,

Quoting Alan from the Hangover:
...it's not illegal, it's frowned upon...
Keep Calm and Go Around!

toptravel

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Oops, looks like I've broken some law, no one ever told me it was illegal. Well they were indeed enjoyable times despite being illegal...I was also on a flight between HNL/SYD years ago on a 742, two pax sitting across the asile whom I don;t think had met before ended up 'DOING it' in the seat during the darkest part of the night.

ajd1992

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:28 pm

Quoting YYZRWY23 (Thread starter):
I tell him that it is illegal, and that it is simply not allowed. Then I got to thinking......what makes it illegal?

Because it's disgusting?   

Aircraft bathrooms are not exactly the cleanest places to be for any length of time, and I'd rather not have sex in one. I'm all for sex, but there are times and places. Personally, if you can hold off for a flight, you should really see a professional. I honestly cannot see the attraction at all.

andz

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:28 pm

"I want to join the mile-high club.". I tell him that it is illegal, and that it is simply not allowed. Then I got to thinking......what makes it illegal?

The reason it is illegal has nothing to do with nudity or decency laws.

1 mile = 1,760 yards = 5,280 feet.

A mile high you must be IN YOUR SEAT WITH YOUR SEATBELT FASTENED!

After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

Maverick623

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:55 am

A friend of mine and I are talking and he says "I want to join the mile-high club.". I tell him that it is illegal, and that it is simply not allowed.
Quoting andz (Reply 10):

A mile high you must be IN YOUR SEAT WITH YOUR SEATBELT FASTENED!

Which is why you rent a Cessna.  

All kidding aside, it's not so much that it's on an airplane, but that you're in a public place. It's no different than boinking in your car on the side of the road, or in a fast food restroom (yes, I have had to clean up that mess before).

Also, as a civil matter, it's against the contract of carriage. So even if you don't get arrested and fined, you can still be prohibited from traveling on that airline again.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way