Yflyer
Topic Author

Is Having Two Boarding Passes On The Same Paper Ok

Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:59 pm

I just printed my boadring passes for a United flight tomorrow on the office printer. This printer is set up to print everything two sided, so it ended up printing the boarding pass for one segment on one side of the paper, and the boarding pass for the next segment on the opposite side of the same piece of paper. It appears our IT department has made it so that we cannot disable the two sided printing; I see the option in my print settings, but it's greyed out and I cannot change it.

This isn't a huge deal; I can always print them again at home or at the airport. I just prefer using the laser printer at work because the bar codes seem to scan more reliably than when I use my home inkjet printer and I don't want to wait in line at the airport to check in if I don't have to. So is it ok to use this two-sided "double" boarding pass I have now, or does each boarding pass need to be on its own sheet of paper?

HT

RE: Is Having Two Boarding Passes On The Same Pape

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:27 pm

Quoting Yflyer (Thread starter):
So is it ok to use this two-sided "double" boarding pass I have now, or does each boarding pass need to be on its own sheet of paper?

Is UAL collecting your BP ? If No, you should be fine with with that duplex printout.

If you really want to make sure, just print it again (as duplex) and strike out the respective reverse side.
Another option would be to print BP #1 twice and then BP #2 twice, thus having BP #1 on paper #1 and BP #2 on paper #2 (each on both sides) if the duplex print is mandatory.

In those times where you can use a barcode displayed on your cellphone to pass automated turnstiles at airports, no-one should care for a duplex print.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

Tugger

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Quoting Yflyer (Thread starter):
I just printed my boadring passes for a United flight tomorrow on the office printer. This printer is set up to print everything two sided, so it ended up printing the boarding pass for one segment on one side of the paper, and the boarding pass for the next segment on the opposite side of the same piece of paper.

Not a true answer to your question but I always print to "PDF" and then I can print it to a printer however I wish. My office printer is set the same way so I can just separate the PDF into two different page files and print each one separately.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

MHG

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Well, recently i had a boarding pass for three different flights in sequence on one document using the same barcode for all flights (SK/SK/LH)

It worked fine !
I miss the sound of rolls royce darts and speys