chepos
Topic Author

UAL Loads Question

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm planning my trip to Japan this upcoming November, I'm looking at UAL flights from SEA, LAX and SFO. While my departure date is stil about 3 weeks away (November 3, 2010) so flights loads can change for the better or worse, for planning purposes I'm requesting the assistance of my fellow a-netters.
If any of you could provide me with insight on the availability of flight 891 (LAX-NRT), 837 (SFO-NRT), 875 (SEA-NRT)?

Thank you all, your assistance is greatly apreciated.

Regards,

Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

LAXintl

RE: UAL Loads Question

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:15 pm

In aggregate terms the SEA flight sees the overall lowest LF, esp during the winter. SFO can be tight as they are only operating a single flight during winter months, and the LAX flight is seasonally reduced to 777 which cuts capacity.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

chepos
Topic Author

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Thank you for the information, I'll take these factors into consideration.

Regards,

Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

roseflyer

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:32 pm

SEA-NRT almost always takes non-revs unless it is peak holiday travel time. Usually you can get business (F is reserved for SA)">UA employees and accompanied companions only).

Loads are hard to tell this far out. It is hard to tell more than 2 days out unless the plane is wide open. SFO-NRT is almost always full and if you get on, you will be in economy. It is not unusual to get 30 SA's listed for that flight.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

AMS

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:26 pm

Quoting RoseFlyer (Reply 3):
SFO-NRT is almost always full and if you get on, you will be in economy. It is not unusual to get 30 SA's listed for that flight.

Actually I've nonreved on UA SFO-NRT on a Companion pass 10 times this year; and I've always have been upgraded to C class. HKG on the other hand is much more harder to get on.

roseflyer

Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:35 am

Quoting AMS (Reply 4):

Actually I've nonreved on UA SFO-NRT on a Companion pass 10 times this year; and I've always have been upgraded to C class. HKG on the other hand is much more harder to get on.

HKG is very challenging. When UA has two flights per day, the second flight is always easy to get on. I had to go NRT-SEA-SFO in order to make it before.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

chepos
Topic Author

Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:59 pm

I have narrowed it down to SEA-NRT on the UA side of things, SFO and LAX are a bit too risky. SFO being a hub and LAX just because of the amount of traffic the route sees.

Regards,

Chepis
Fly the Flag!!!!