LXA380

No Roundtrips (diff NY Airports) With Jetblue?

Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:52 am

Hi all,
I'm trying to book a roundtrip NYC-Fort Lauderdale with Jetblue but when I select a specific departure airport for the first leg, e.g. EWR, all the return flights from FLL to LGA and JFK are greyed out and show as N/A... What is that??

RamblinMan

RE: No Roundtrips (diff NY Airports) With Jetblue?

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:02 am

Just buy two one-way tickets. It makes no difference in total fare if you buy two one-ways or one round-trip.

LXA380

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:22 am

Thanks, I figured this was the only way... I'm curious though as to why Jetblue recently imposed such restrictions, it doesn't make any commercial sense to me.

RamblinMan

Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:48 am

Quoting lxa380 (Reply 2):
I'm curious though as to why Jetblue recently imposed such restrictions, it doesn't make any commercial sense to me.

Americans get easily confused. I actually know of someone buying a ticket which involved 2 connections in the same city. It's better to make people who actually want to return to a different airport buy one-way tickets than to have some clueless spoilt tourist throwing a tantrum because she had landed in Newark when she thought she was going to JFK. This would happen- regularly and loudly. The American tourist can be a force unto itself.

Also, It actually looks like it is just a result of the website design. There's not a button to allow departing and returning to different airports. I don't know if the website looks any different in Europe, though.

petteri

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Quoting lxa380 (Reply 2):
Thanks, I figured this was the only way... I'm curious though as to why Jetblue recently imposed such restrictions, it doesn't make any commercial sense to me.

You can use the multi-city option to build an "open jaw" itinerary. I'm guess, as stated above, it's done this way to avoid confusion for the customer.
The above comments are my personal comments and in no way should be viewed as the views,policy or statements of JetBlue

LXA380

Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:03 pm

I was using the new "New York City area" in the list of origins/destinations, and that's what didn't work. The option besides buying 2 one-ways is the multi-city itinerary but that doesn't allow you to compare fares at different airports. You have to first check the fares with "New York City area" then go back to the home page and book using multi-city. Interesting...