musapapaya
Topic Author

Best Star Alliance Lounge In HKG, BKK And CPH

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:28 pm

Dear all

A friend of mine is travelling from Hong Kong to Stavanger, via Bangkok and Copenhagen, on TG and SK. He is travelling on business class and he asked me if I could help him ask, which lounges is the best in HKG, BKK and CPH for him. He has 2 to 3 hours in each airport.

Any views will be appreciated, as he is flying out in less than 24 hours, any quick comments will be very much welcome!

regards
musapapaya
Lufthansa Group of Airlines

Woof

RE: Best Star Alliance Lounge In HKG, BKK And CPH

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:35 pm

Only lounge I've used that meets your criteria is the Thai Royal Silk (there are several of them, plus Royal Orchid and Royal First) lounge in BKK and it was a big disappointment. Poor selection of food and nothing hot.

I used lounges at BKK 5 times over the last month and I actually prefered the Louis "something" CIP Lounges, which I had to use my own card for.

They are nothing compared to the major lounges in the West. It just so happened I was able to use the First Class lounge of Etihad in AUH on the same trip. Now that's what a lounge should be, especially if you are a smoker (no I don't mean the crowded J class part of the lounge).

JMHO.

Oh, by the way, expect to see this thread moved to the Travel Polls and Prefs section.

[Edited 2010-11-01 14:44:28]
Deleted

initious

RE: Best Star Alliance Lounge In HKG, BKK And CPH

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:10 am

Quoting Woof (Reply 1):
Only lounge I've used that meets your criteria is the Thai Royal Silk (there are several of them, plus Royal Orchid and Royal First) lounge in BKK and it was a big disappointment. Poor selection of food and nothing hot.

Agree. Only sandwiches were available!

Quoting Woof (Reply 1):
Louis "something" CIP Lounges

Louis Tavern Lounge you mean? It doesn't seem as good for me too...
One way I will fly around the world!