EBGflyer
Topic Author

Minimum Connection Time In Guangzhou

Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Hello all,

I'm going from BKK to PVG (Shanghai) on January 14 and found myself a connection with China Southern through Guangzhou arriving at PVG at 4.20pm. Perfect times for me. My only concern is they 1H 40 Mins connection time in CAN. Would that be enough to clear immigration?

I read somewhere that minimum connection time is 120 mins, but China Southern allows me to purchase these flights. Do you think it will be ok?

Thx

EBGflyer
Future flights: CPH-BKK-MNL; MNL-GUM-TKK-PNI-KSA-KWA-MAJ-HNL-LAX

initious

RE: Minimum Connection Time In Guangzhou

Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:59 pm

I've connected twice in CAN before. Albeit having a 3-4h connection each time, I can assure you that a 1h 40m connecting time is enough there as I managed to clear immigration within 20 mins from landing. I landed during noon time for my outbound while around evening time for my inbound, so that should give you a little idea...

Anyway, expect nothing much from CZ except for bad service, yucky food and tight seat pitch. All of it happened on 100% of my flights with them.  
One way I will fly around the world!

EL-AL

Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Quoting initious (Reply 1):
I managed to clear immigration within 20 mins from landing

I have another question - do I need a Chinese visa just to transit in Chinese airport? I am due to fly from Taipei to Singapore and one of my options is to fly via CAN. Yet, I do not mean to issue visa for PRC since I don't plan to visit there.
every day is a good day to fly

initious

Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Quoting EL-AL (Reply 2):
have another question - do I need a Chinese visa just to transit in Chinese airport?

Sorry I can't help with that as I do not require any visa when entering PRC for a short period of time. You might want to check with the airline.
One way I will fly around the world!

HT

Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:47 pm

Quoting EL-AL (Reply 2):
I have another question - do I need a Chinese visa just to transit in Chinese airport? I am due to fly from Taipei to Singapore and one of my options is to fly via CAN. Yet, I do not mean to issue visa for PRC since I don't plan to visit there.

Things might vary per pax' nationality, but telling from my recent research, pax are allowed to make transfers within an airport concourse (terminal) without having to apply for a visa.
This appears to be limited to checked-thru passengers traveling on one ticket only.

Things can be tricky, if a change of concourses is required and no airside transfer is available.

When having to change airports like PVG to SHA (v/v), a visa is mandatory.

Best check with the airline in question.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

EBGflyer
Topic Author

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:23 pm

I've connected twice in CAN before. Albeit having a 3-4h connection each time, I can assure you that a 1h 40m connecting time is enough there as I managed to clear immigration within 20 mins from landing.

Thanks for the info. I hope all goes smooth with China Southern. Will arrive 12.20H and depart again 14.00H.

expect nothing much from CZ except for bad service, yucky food and tight seat pitch. All of it happened on 100% of my flights with them.

I'm already excited....can't wait!

Quoting EL-AL (Reply 2):
do I need a Chinese visa just to transit in Chinese airport?

In PEK you can transfer without a visa within 24 hours and in Shanghai within 48 Hours. Not sure about others airports.

I'm wondering myself with regards to visa whether it's a problem that I only indicated in my application that I will stay in Shanghai, but actually will have to clear immigration in Guangzhou. It's my first time in mainland China, so not sure what to expect.
Future flights: CPH-BKK-MNL; MNL-GUM-TKK-PNI-KSA-KWA-MAJ-HNL-LAX