YXD172

2hr15 Min Connection In PMI?

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Hello all, in March of next year I'm going to be traveling around Europe a bit and I'd like your advice on the following connection (I know, BCN-PMI-VLC is a weird way to go, but I'm on a BIO-VLC trip and this is the cheapest/most fun routing!):
I'll be arriving in PMI with Spanair from BCN at 1315 and I've got two options for my next flight:
1) Air Berlin at 1530 to VLC
2) Ryanair at 1740 to VLC

I'd really like to try Air Berlin, but maybe that's cutting the connection too short... I'm not sure how reliable Spanair is.

Thanks for the help!
Radial engines don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory!

Luxair747SP

RE: 2hr15 Min Connection In PMI?

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:27 pm

Two hours is way enough in PMI. You will be fine with AB
My blog about travelling in Moscow & Russia:
https://russiainanutshell.wordpress.com

signol

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:10 pm

If you can get one of the EUR7 fares on Ryanair, it may be worth buying purely as a backup.

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

HT

Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Quoting yxd172 (Thread starter):
I'll be arriving in PMI with Spanair from BCN at 1315

Will you be checking any luggage ?
MIght take a moment or two to get delivered.
Then search for and find one of the few elevators connecting Arrivals (GF) with Departures (1F).
Domestic check-in with AB can be busy, but lines tend to move quick. Try to use some check-in kiosk, then simply drop your bag.
Security might see some queues and then a lengthy walk to your gate, followed by a bus ride to your a/c on a remote stand.

But, overall 2h15min should be okay for such a connection.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

YXD172

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:46 am

Quoting signol (Reply 2):

If you can get one of the EUR7 fares on Ryanair, it may be worth buying purely as a backup.

The lowest right now will be EUR 15 after tax, might still go for that though.

Quoting HT (Reply 3):

Will you be checking any luggage ?

No luggage, just what I'm carrying with me. So it shouldn't be too bad then, I'll be checking in online anyway so I should just have to walk/run to the gate.

Thanks!

HT

Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Quoting yxd172 (Reply 4):
No luggage, just what I'm carrying with me. So it shouldn't be too bad then, I'll be checking in online anyway so I should just have to walk/run to the gate.

In that case, you will not need to leave the secure area at all. PMI is perfectly laid out for connecting traffic and arriving & departing pax are not seperated.
If worst comes to worst, it might take up to 20 to 25 minutes to walk from one gate to another (for the two flights in concern), but having 2h15min to make the connection, you will have lots of time to kill.

A word to the wise: As your flight to VLC on AB would be part of the afternoon bank, expect the gate area to be full and busy. So in case you need to see a lav' , do so before reaching AB's gate area.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

YXD172

Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Sounds good, thanks for all of your help!

Quoting HT (Reply 5):

A word to the wise: As your flight to VLC on AB would be part of the afternoon bank, expect the gate area to be full and busy. So in case you need to see a lav' , do so before reaching AB's gate area.

Alright, I'll keep that in mind...