EWRkid1990
Topic Author

United Express Flying For Continental Express?

Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Greetings!

I recently booked a flight on CO, routing EWR-DTW on Jan. 7th, 2011, returning on the 9th. The outbound flights on the 7th were all operated on XJ metal, with XJ flight numbers. When it came to choose the return flight, I noticed that out of 5 options for return flights, 3 of them were being flown on UAX (operated by Shuttle America) E-170's. but the flight numbers for the UAX operated flights were as follows, 1285, 1283, 1284. These flight numbers seem like they would be assigned to mainline CO ops, not express flights.

Are CO and UA merging their express flying? Will the crew on the return flight say "Welcome aboard CO 1284"? And will the flight arrive at the United gates at A1 in EWR? or the CO gates in A2 or even the mainline gates in C? Any info on this would be good, since I haven't heard anything about merged regional flying between the two airlines.

Many Thanks!
EWRkid1990

dl767captain

RE: United Express Flying For Continental Express?

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:06 pm

I actually started a thread about this a little while ago. My flight in January which was supposed to be on a CO ERJ from ATL to IAH is now a UA CRJ

drerx7

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:09 pm

IAH will look interesting with all of those UA classic schemed CR7s flying in and out...then when the 763 arrives...oh boy.
Third Coast born, means I'm Texas raised

indywa

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:46 pm

These flights are UNITED EXPRESS flights...no mention of CO will be made (as far as we've been told anyway - this is due to CO scope). We have yet to be told where we are parking, but I'm sure it'll be in A somewhere.

IAHFLYR

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:50 pm

Quoting IndyWA (Reply 3):
We have yet to be told where we are parking, but I'm sure it'll be in A somewhere.

I'd bet the CRJ7 swaps for the ERJ's park at Terminal B.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

EWRkid1990
Topic Author

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Quoting IndyWA (Reply 3):
We have yet to be told where we are parking, but I'm sure it'll be in A somewhere.

I'm assuming that you are crew for UAX?

EWRkid1990
Topic Author

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 4):
I'd bet the CRJ7 swaps for the ERJ's park at Terminal B.

I think we're mixing up EWR and IAH...I'm asking where the UAX flight will park at EWR...the UA gates at AI, or the COX gates at A2.

drerx7

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Yeah - at IAH UAX CR7s will be operating out of Terminal B...not sure about the E70s. The 763 will arrive from LIM at E and be towed over to C16 where SFO arrival and departures and LIM departures will occur.
Third Coast born, means I'm Texas raised

elbandgeek

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:56 am

After the DL/NW merger, it seemed as though the Northwest Airlink brand disappeared almost immediately, long before NW flights became "Delta operated by Northwest" since they were operated by a different carrier anyway they just started using Delta Connection right away. Is there some reason they're continuing use of Continental Express/Connection instead of rebranding those immediately? Something to do with getting around CO's scope?