musapapaya
Topic Author

Help With Lost Baggage

Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Dear all

I am hoping for some knowledge on this..... I travelled from MAN to HKG via ZRH on LX on 20th December, however, my baggage didnt make it and a report has been filed at HKG.

I am still waiting for it to come on christmas day.

I just wanted to see if anyone knows whether there has been significant baggage disruption throughout these airports, at this moment, I really dont know if I will get my bags or not..........

I have all the tag number and reference number etc so if anyone can help me with this, I will be more than grateful.

Thank you guys, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

regards
musapapaya
Lufthansa Group of Airlines

SA7700

RE: Help With Lost Baggage

Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:58 pm

Have you tried the Star Alliance baggage tracer at Baggage Tracing?

I sincerely hope you find your bags as soon as possible.  

Take care,

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

musapapaya
Topic Author

Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:23 pm

Thank you SA7700

I did check the website but it still says 'tracing continues, please check back later'. I really dont know what I can do.

regards
musapapaya

mayhem

Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi Musapapaya,

I had my baggage lost on 17 Dec, and had it "traced" by 27th. Although very stressful and annoying, the best you can do is wait until the major disruptions throughout the world are clearing up. An unbelievably high number of airports are stacked with lost bags, but i'm 99.9% sure that your bags will show up, just a bit slower than usual... but no need to fear that they are lost until they are missing for 3 weeks.

Good luck!

musapapaya
Topic Author

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:17 am

Hi Mayhem

Thank you for that - happy new year to you!

Unfortunately my baggage has not been traced yet, where did you fly? I still hope that I will get my bag back, however, the airline has sent me a claim form already.

regards
musapapaya