mt99
Topic Author

From CDG To SZG?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:34 pm

I am organizing a small side trip from Paris to Salzburg, with some friends who have never been to either place and they are insisting in going to both places this (end of) spring.

We have our flights in/out of CDG already. The plan is to arrive to CDG early AM, and fly the same day out to Salzburg (noonish?). Spend a 2 or 3 days in Salzburg, then return to CDG for 5 days or so.

I have been searching kayak for CDG-SZG flights, and the only ones i can find are about $350 via MUC or VIE on LH or Austrian.I was half expecting to have a low-cost flight for this portion. If $350 is the only way to do it, its OK - but i just want to make sure that there aren't any other better options out there.

Am i missing something? Do you guys have any other suggestions on how to travel this portions?

Thanks!
Step into my office, baby

signol

RE: From CDG To SZG?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:25 pm

Transavia fly from Amsterdam to Salzburg, so you may find a cheap fare on them and self-connect from an AF or KL flight, or Thalys train...
Also Air Berlin offer connections via Germany, but from Orly airport in Paris. They are not much cheaper than your $350 quote though.

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

oly720man

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:29 pm

By train it's as low as 128Euros return Paris -> Salzburg, via Stuttgart (and possibly Munich) and about 9hrs journey time. This is for Mon 4th to Thur 7th April. You can only book upto 92 days ahead.

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

mt99
Topic Author

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:35 pm

Quoting oly720man (Reply 2):
By train it's as low as 128Euros return Paris -> Salzburg, via Stuttgart (and possibly Munich) and about 9hrs journey time. This is for Mon 4th to Thur 7th April. You can only book upto 92 days ahead.

I looked at that too.. but the train just takes too long, and the cost saving wouldn't be worth it

debonair

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:14 pm

It is difficult to tell, without dates and further information.

I would suggest you fly from CDG to MUC airport- you will find some good deals (bcs. I don't know your travel date).
In MUC you can buy the very restricted DeutscheBahn "BayernTicket" and you can use all RGIONALtrains to Salzburg, for just as little as 29€ for 5(!!!) persons! This tickets is only valid on weekends and business days from 9am! Full information on this ticket (only in German):

http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/de/home/f...-angebote/bayern-ticket/index.html
http://www.bahn.de/regional/view/reg...bayern/freizeit/bayernticket.shtml

mickster

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:19 pm

Apart from LH and OS, you may also try C9 from ZRH and AB from DUS.

mt99
Topic Author

Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:13 am

Quoting debonair (Reply 4):
I would suggest you fly from CDG to MUC airport- you will find some good deals (bcs. I don't know your travel date).
In MUC you can buy the very restricted DeutscheBahn "BayernTicket" and you can use all RGIONALtrains to Salzburg, for just as little as 29%u20AC for 5(!!!) persons! This tickets is only valid on weekends and business days from 9am! Full information on this ticket (only in German):

Thanks!!!! That is exactly the type of info i was looking for!

debonair

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:18 am

Quoting mt99 (Reply 6):
That is exactly the type of info i was looking for!

I found a link in English: http://www.bahn.de/i/view/USA/en/prices/germany/laender-ticket.shtml