VC10er
Topic Author

Fly CO Towards Global Services?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:28 pm

A Red Carpet Club (soon to be the United Club) reception person told me about two weeks ago that they got an email from corporate saying that if you fly full fare on CO it will count towards your Global Services status in 2012.

Can anyone varify that? I'd hate to find out the hard way by flying CO too much, then getting the Global Services rejection letter next year. On United, being GS is lifesaver if you encounter any problem's while traveling.
The world is missing love, let's use our flights to spread it!

COGlobeTrotter

RE: Fly CO Towards Global Services?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Here's some information from Continental's website.

https://www.continental.com/web/en-US/apps/onepass/promotions/registrationDetails.aspx?v_ctrk=HHLN$0-772-1973-1-1129&promoCode=A6108

Quote:
Current and ongoing qualifiers of Presidential Platinum Elite will receive all benefits and services associated with the program through Jan. 31, 2012. The United Global ServicesSM program will replace the Presidential Platinum Elite program in 2012 and will be open to OnePass members.

Continental Airlines® and United® revenue will be combined and considered for 2012 United Global ServicesSM membership.
Top revenue qualifiers will be invited to Global Services in late 2011.
The annual membership offer for the Presidential Plus credit card will end Dec. 31, 2010. After this time, the Presidential Plus credit card annual fee waiver for members residing in the U.S. will no longer be offered in conjunction with this program.
The 25,000 bonus miles for customers residing outside the U.S. will also be discontinued Dec. 31, 2010.
Presidential Platinum Elite spending will no longer be tracked at continental.com or appear on monthly OnePass statements.

VC10er
Topic Author

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:54 pm

So, will it be harder to become GS in the new world? Twice the amount of fliers trying to be invited? or will UA double the size of GS invitees to accomodate an airline double it's previous size?
The world is missing love, let's use our flights to spread it!

kgaiflyer

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:06 pm

Quoting VC10er (Reply 2):
So, will it be harder to become GS in the new world?

Down here in the 1-K trenches, we've been notified that we'll need 120 segments this year rather than 100 to stay at the 1-K level for 2011 -- that's important if you spend more time on UAX than UA. So far, except for a couple of Gulfstream segments flying as Continental Connection, United has given me full value for all my Continental segments and bonus miles the same as I would accrue on any United flight.

I guess in principle, it works the same way up and down the line.  up 

[Edited 2011-01-24 14:48:32]

star_world

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:14 am

Quoting kgaiflyer (Reply 3):
So far, except for a couple of Gulfstream segments flying as Continental Connection, United has given me full value for all my Continental segments and bonus miles the same as I would accrue on any United flight.

This is a published part of the program - it will continue. What did you get for the CO Connection segments? They should credit the same way.

kgaiflyer

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:22 am

Quoting star_world (Reply 4):
What did you get for the CO Connection segments?

I never get FF credit for Gulfstream Airline segments (MCO-MIA, TPA-MIA, MCO-PNS, TPA-TLH).
But since these are short. I haven't worried about them.