initious
Topic Author

Thai Airways International @ DXB - Which Lounge?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:21 pm

HI fellow a.netters,

I will be embarking on my first visit in DXB in March and would love to know which lounge does TG utilise in DXB. Any *A airlines with a lounge there? Would also greatly appreciate it if anyone could provide an insight of how the lounge is like in terms of food, ambience.. etc.
One way I will fly around the world!

LAXintl

RE: Thai Airways International @ DXB - Which Loung

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:31 pm

Star Alliance has a somewhat smallish lounge at DXB. It used to be LH facility, and can get quite crowded if there are multiple overlapping departures. Drinks and food are ok, but not a very spectacular facility by any means.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

initious
Topic Author

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 1):
Star Alliance has a somewhat smallish lounge at DXB. It used to be LH facility, and can get quite crowded if there are multiple overlapping departures. Drinks and food are ok, but not a very spectacular facility by any means.

Thanks for the info, LAXintl. I'll be departing at 11pm for the flight to BKK so most probably will be arriving at the airport earliest 8pm or 8.30pm. Will it be crowded at that time? Hope there is wi-fi available too.
One way I will fly around the world!

LAXintl

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:01 pm

Yes, the later in the evening will get quite busy. You have several Star departures around 12a-2am.

For lounge wifi, I can't recall however I do remember that DXB airport has free wifi, though I am not sure if its airport wide or only in the EK terminal-3.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California