Superman24
Topic Author

United PS Flights

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I just booked myself a ticket for OGG through SFO leaving JFK. My flight to SFO is a UA 757PS. Has anyone ever travelled with the PS planes? I am sitting in First Class. Should I be excited or not so much. I have flown many times LH in First Class and VX in First Class and I loved both products. But I am worried about a domestic first class ticket. All feedback is welcomed and if this topic has been brought up before, sorry!!!

Cheers!

BMIFlyer

RE: United PS Flights

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:26 pm

I flew P.S a few years ago as part of a mileage run. It was good and I thoroughly enjoyed it

I flew in Economy one way then in Business the other. If you have an F ticket, you will be in a full flat bed at the front of the aircraft  
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

roseflyer

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:17 pm

The first class is quite nice. They are angled flat seats. They recline comfortably and are better than any other domestic configured airplane in the US including Virgin America. However, they are not comparable to international first class. They are a previous generation singapore airlines business class seat. They are pretty easy to sleep in, but more importantly for the clientele, they are spacious to work in. They are better than the narrow business class seats since there is enough room to easily work with a laptop computer (there is a regular power plug).

The service is also pretty good. You get a three course meal including the sundae cart. It's pretty much the catering that was common in first class transcon flights 15 years ago. You'll be happy, but you won't get international F quality. There is one FA for 12 passengers instead of the international standard of 2 for 12 passengers.

IFE is portable digi players. They have enough movies to be adequate. No moving map of course, however since it is a portable device, it is on demand.

You get access to the international first class lounge at both ends, which is nicer than the typical red carpet club.

Overall, PS First is the best domestic service around. The occasional 777 or 747 on a domestic trip might have a better seat, but for normal service, it is the best. Of course it could be better, but you won't find it. I consider it to be about the quality of international business class.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

comorin

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:15 pm

I agree with RoseFlyer. I flew p.s. SFO-JFK in Business and was really impressed with the excellent service. The seats were very comfortable and I had a great time.

Soxfan

Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:19 am

I'm sure this has been asked before, but how does the premium product compare to DL's BusinessElite service, or CO on their 752's, which are configured with BusinessFirst seats?
Pilot: "Request push, which way should we face?" JFK Ground: "You better face the front, sir, or you'll scare the pax!"