cvg2lga
Topic Author

Help With Purchasing A GOL Ticket.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Wondering if anyone can give some help/advice. I need to purchase a ticket on GOL from GRU-REC for next month. The website is asking me for a CPF # which I do not have one as I'm American. What should I do?
Thanks all

Tchau

DA
They don't call em' emergencies anymore. They call em' Patronies.

incitatus

RE: Help With Purchasing A GOL Ticket.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:41 pm

Don't worry. Even if you had a CPF, if you credit card is not Brazilian, the website will not sell you a ticket.

I don't know what the deal is, but credit card companies and airlines in Brazil have not been able to figure out how to cater to foreigners. Maybe they do not want your business.

I know my comment is pushing it, but how in the World they awarded the World Cup and the Olympics to a country where foreigners can't go to a website and purchase a domestic ticket to fly?

In my last trip to Brazil I had to arrange with someone in there to purchase tickets for me. Good luck.
Stop pop up ads

IrishAyes

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Unfortunately, you either have to call an int'l office or have to visit a local one...that is, if you are in South America. When I booked my GOL flight from SCL to EZE back in '08, I had to pay in cash at the booking center at Santiago airport, because I only owned American credit cards at the time. It's a pain, but that's just the way it works.
confidence is silent. insecurities are loud.

AF086

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:59 pm

Their international website doesn't mention anything. Have you tried buying through it?

http://www.voegol.com.br/int/Paginas/home.aspx
Please insert a "smart" joke here.

cvg2lga
Topic Author

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:17 pm

Thank you AF086, that site seems to be working, only now it is asking for "PS" which I don't know that means. Passport # maybe?? Very confusing.

Quoting incitatus (Reply 1):
I don't know what the deal is, but credit card companies and airlines in Brazil have not been able to figure out how to cater to foreigners. Maybe they do not want your business.

I know my comment is pushing it, but how in the World they awarded the World Cup and the Olympics to a country where foreigners can't go to a website and purchase a domestic ticket to fly?

No, you're right on. There should great ease in purchasing tickets. Unfortunately Delta has stopped flying to both REC &n and FOR. At least with those two destinations I could have taken the onibus again, even though FOR-CPV is a long ride. * I am a former OH employee.

Thanks for all the help, it is very much appreciated.

Tchau

DA-
They don't call em' emergencies anymore. They call em' Patronies.

AF086

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Quoting cvg2lga (Reply 4):
Thank you AF086, that site seems to be working, only now it is asking for "PS" which I don't know that means. Passport # maybe?? Very confusing.

Think so since that's your only form of identification accepted in Brazil.
Please insert a "smart" joke here.