tridum
Topic Author

Flying Out Of PSP-Any Suggestions?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:49 pm

I am flying out of PSP on a Sunday in a couple of weeks. I know that at larger airports they say to be there 2 hours before your flight, but PSP is a smaller airport. Do I still need to be there that early? Also are there any other suggestions as to what to know about flying out of there (e.g any hassles I might face?)
Thanks for the help!

DesertFlyer

RE: Flying Out Of PSP-Any Suggestions?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:04 pm

An hour will probably be plenty for PSP. Keep in mind if you leave at the same time as a lot of other flights, security could be excessively long, but in my experience it never takes more than 15 minutes. If it's not a peak time, then you'll literally walk through. From curb to gate very rarely takes more than 20 minutes, and can be as little as 5. There isn't much to eat past security, but there is a restaurant/bar that is decent just before security. There is free wifi throughout the airport.

If you're coming from Indian Wells/Palm Desert/Rancho Mirage, give yourself plenty of time to drive to PSP. I would say 45 minutes just to be safe. Rental car return shouldn't take long at all and is right next to the terminal. PSP was my home airport for 6 years and I loved it, but I haven't flown out in the last year, so things might have changed a little (I doubt it). It's a very smooth airport operations wise, and a pleasant place to travel through.

tridum
Topic Author

Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:54 am

Thanks,
I'm flying out at 11am. Is that considered a peak time?

DesertFlyer

Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:43 pm

I don't think it'll be crazy, but it'll be busier than evening. This is all just my opinion - hope it helps!

HT

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:37 pm

Quoting tridum (Thread starter):
I am flying out of PSP on a Sunday in a couple of weeks. I know that at larger airports they say to be there 2 hours before your flight, but PSP is a smaller airport. Do I still need to be there that early?

The time you should allow also depends on which carrier you are flying out on and the size of a/c. In case there are a lot of vacationers to check in with luggage, this might take some time ...
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !