RedAirForce
Topic Author

Newark To Shanghai On CO

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi,

I was recently asked to go on a group exchange to Shanghai for a few weeks this June. I am looking forward to the time in China, but not the 14+ hour flights. I am 6'4" and long flights are just torture. The group leader says we are in Premium Econ. What does this mean? Do I get more legroom? I have not flown CO since they were merged with UA and have never done more than a 9 hour flight. I have limited options with tickets being with the group.

Any info or tips would be great!

blueflyer

RE: Newark To Shanghai On CO

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:43 pm

Premium Eco doesn't exist on CO. All international aircraft in CO's fleet have BusinessFirst and regular coach, nothing else.

Your group leader may have booked you a ticket sold by CO on UA metal with a connection either in ORD or SFO, which would explain the "premium eco" statement as UA does offer Economy Plus. It mainly consists of a regular coach seat with increased pitch (details here).

I am somewhat skeptical, however, as the 14+ flight hours matches the 14h 40 minutes block time of CO's non-stop EWR-PVG flight.

UA's Economy Plus will eventually find its way into CO aircraft, but not by June.
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has no clothes.

kiwiandrew

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:43 pm

I don't think that CO has a premium economy .... yet .

RedAirForce
Topic Author

Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:51 pm

So then my only hope is to get one of the extended legroom seats on CO? Legroom is my main issue at my height! Thank you!

burnsie28

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Or this flight could be moved to a PMUA aircraft.