Aeroflot001
Topic Author

Your Favorite/Flagship Flight/Route And Aircraft

Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:24 am

This does not have to be in anyway the flagship route of an Airline I am speaking specifically on your own terms.
What is your flagship route that you love to take. You may have a regional/domestic route and then a longhaul or international one.

My Flagship route is AA 909 MIA-EZE 2035-0620 in First Class on the 777 with a window seat Rows 2 or 3 either A or J

Its the flight that always seems to go well with a great crew and onboard service and I am always thrilled to be returning to Argentina spending time there is something I never get tired of to visit friends and family and I love the city of Buenos Aires.

Please share your Flagship flight and explain why it is your Flagship route.

flymia

RE: Your Favorite/Flagship Flight/Route And Aircra

Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:07 am

Well I have never done any long haul route more then one round trip so I wont put one there for that reason.

Favorite short domestic route. MIA-DCA AA 737-800. I always enjoy this flight have done it over 30 times and have never had a major problem what so ever.

Long Haul: MIA-LAX AA 777-200. Great service when you are in first or business and its always nice to be one a wide body three class service domestic flight.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

Aeroflot001
Topic Author

Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:16 am

Quoting flymia (Reply 1):
Favorite short domestic route. MIA-DCA AA 737-800. I always enjoy this flight have done it over 30 times and have never had a major problem what so ever.

We seem to have some similar interests judging from the other thread on the Food. I usually enjoy my flights up to DC and have also done the trip quite a bit, I just went up last weekend and am going up again next weekend. Though I prefer flying into IAD because it is a short 10 minute drive from my aunt and uncles house in Herndon/Reston

Though I will say 2 of my most memorable turbulence flights were into the DC area. During the descent Right over richmond we hit some nasty turbulence the guys up front apologized a few times and said it was the worst they had in a while and a month ago at IAD I was landing the day there were 35-40 MPH winds it was not fun to say the least and I earned my first go around thanks to a windshear warning  Wow!

pwm2txlhopper

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:06 am

My favorite long-haul is DL's JFK-TXL with the 767-300ER on Flight 78. Simply because it's the long-haul flight I fly on most often and it's really convenient for me. Before it started, I had to take three flights with two connections, taking over 13 hours to get there. With one simple connection I can now get there in about nine hours.

I didn't expect this route to last, but it's going onto it's sixth year, so I guess it's safe?

[Edited 2011-03-28 01:27:55]

initious

Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:57 pm

EK 384 / EK 385 BKK-HKG-BKK

Did this in the Suites and it was amazing!
One day I will fly around the world!

coachclass

Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:08 pm

Quoting pwm2txlhopper (Reply 3):
My favorite long-haul is DL's JFK-TXL with the 767-300ER on Flight 78. Simply because it's the long-haul flight I fly on most often and it's really convenient for me. Before it started, I had to take three flights with two connections, taking over 13 hours to get there. With one simple connection I can now get there in about nine hours.

I go to TXL a lot out of FLL/MIA and I prefer the one stop on LH from MIA, preferably not thru FRA. I have read mixed reviews of the in-flight service as well as the old plane that DELTA provides. I'm going soon again and may take DELTA because the fares are $300/400 cheaper at the moment. Did you enjoy the DELTA service? I'm somewhat a LH fan.

The great thing I like flying into TXL is that I just go from the baggage claim at the end of the air bridge and after a 3 minute walk right on to the bus to go the Ku'damm where my hotel is. My own favorite domestic Flagship flight is Virgin America FLL-SFO, getting my suitcase and taking BART right downtown to my hotel. jetBlue is a close second for the same route. I willingly pay a little extra for a good experience which I get from Virgin America and jetBlue; but should I save $300 or more to fly DELTA? Will I arrive satisfied or regretful that I didn't take LH?

acjflyer

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:25 pm

CO EWR-MAD back when it was a 767-400.

The aircraft was amazing, clean, quiet and though EWR offers it own little challenges in regards to delays I have always had excellent service on this route the multiple times I have flown to MAD.

The crew has been very professional yet personable and the inflight entertainment on the 764 is great.