gocaps16
Topic Author

Any Finnair Employees? Need Help.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi all,

Long story short.

My wife and I were suppose to go on our European Vacation on March 30, 2011 from Tokyo to Zurich via Helsinki and back to Tokyo. We booked our flights about 2 months ago via Finnair.com (Non-refundable fare) since it was the cheapest compared to other European airlines to Zurich. However, due to the March 11 earthquake, ours plans went down the drain and being a U.S. Citizen living in Japan, the DoD has decided to evacuate, as a precaution and to assist in relief aid for the locals, which means all leave (time off) and future leave dates are cancelled. I went to Finnair's website and on the front page, had a link for all passengers flying to/from Tokyo within 14 dates after the March 11 disaster for a refund/cancellation. I filled out all the information for myself and my wife for a refund thru their "Applicator Refund" page. After a week, I am still waiting for that refund.

I am curious, will I ever recieve this refund back to my bank account? (I had to cancel my hotel reservation and the longest I waited for the refund is usually 5 days.) I know the best way to contact an airline is telephone, however, I am in a situation where I do not have telephone access at this time and currently in a location away from land. (In the ocean)
Does Finnair's customer service have an email address so I can check on the status of the refund?
if you know anyone working customer service at Finnair or currently working for Finnair, please...PM or reply to this thread. I would want to get my money back on something that cannot be controlled.
Thanks for your help.

CHRISBA777ER

RE: Any Finnair Employees? Need Help.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:02 pm

You'll probably be waiting a while - it can take up to three months for refunds to appear, and it is rare (in my experience) for these things to take less than 30 days, especially with the number of refund requests they are almost certainly dealing with.

I think you are talking months not days mate. Sorry  
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

lhr380

Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Quoting CHRISBA777ER (Reply 1):

Gocaps, got to agree with Chris here, there will be lots of other people doing the same as you and cancelling there trips. Refunds will take a while im afraid
(The views on this site are my own and no one elses)

gocaps16
Topic Author

Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:59 pm

Ok, thanks guys.

I don't mind the wait, but a confirmation email or reciept from the airline saying that they recieved my request would be nice. If and when we do go back to Japan or somewhere in the U.S, I'll give them a call and ask, whenever that would be, weeks, or months.

Regards,
Kevin

FunFlying

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi there Kevin!

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier, have you got an answer yet? I'm sure our customer service has a lot of refund requests right now and they do all their best to answer as quick as possible. However I could ask what the situation with your booking is - send me a message here on airliners.net with your email address and I'll try to solve the situation for you.

Brgds FunFlying - a Finnair employee
Leaving on a Jetplane...