All the airlines I've flown on, ranked from best experiences to worst experiences:
1. Qantas - In-Flight service far surpassed anything I've ever experienced on a U.S. airline
2. Southwest - Went out of their way for me on several occasions. Lost a few items over the years and all have been returned safely. But I did have a WN
gate agent chew me out once at DEN
because I had a Frontier T-shirt on.
3. Frontier Airlines - A good bunch of people, fun experience, got invited to DEN
once to see the ops side of things. Really enjoyed it. Been rooting for this airline for years and still am. Love them.
4. Skywest Airlines - Another good bunch of people and very friendly.
5. Flybe - They weren't anything special, but they did let my bag fly free once just to be nice.
6. US Airways - Kind of right in the middle. US has never treated me badly, but they have also never stood out in terms of customer service. They just kind of "exist."
7. Northwest Airlines- Similar to US. Nothing stood out, but nothing was really terrible except the state of the interior of an A320 flight I had once. Really shabby. Tattered upholstery and lots of black marks and handprints on the walls. Yuck.
8. United Airlines -A mixed bag. I've had some very rude FAs, but I've also had some very nice ones. Had a few mx issues, and was once bumped, along with all the other pax, off a plane after waiting for takeoff for two hours, only to discover the plane wouldn't be fixed so we'd need a new plane. Had a very rude FA
once that took my camera from me and stowed it, another that told me to get out of his way. But I rate UA
higher than Delta because of Channel 9.
9. Delta Air Lines - This used to be my second favorite airline. I used to have nothing to complain about. I used to love the service and the experience. But after the merger with NW
, Delta has become a dog, a mean one at that. I miss the old Delta. Today I'd rather pick DL
as a last resort.
[Edited 2011-04-09 23:01:28]