united319
Topic Author

Trip Reports & Window Views

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:34 am

Just an observation...

I've been noticing on the trip reports that many people chose to sit towards the last rows of the aircraft. Is there a reason for this? I know there are many reports from J or F class, but the Y class ones frequently seem to be from the last rows of the aircraft.

Just a random question...
It's Time To Fly

VonRichtofen

RE: Trip Reports & Window Views

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:19 am

My own reason:

I like to be either forward or aft of the wings so I can get a good view of the terrain I'm flying over.
On many airlines getting in front of the wing is almost impossible with a Y ticket, so I'll select a seat in the rear even if there's overwing seats that are further forward.

HT

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:26 am

If one chooses to sit in one of the last rows, there are less people behind you watching you as you act like a crazy monkey taking pictures of everything and everybody.  

Also, often the last rows are less crowded, giving you an enhanced option to get a row with an empty middle seat. If you are really lucky you have two rows to yourself enabling you to switch between port and starboard.

Downside is, that the hot exhaust from under-wing engines blurs downward views (for a limited viewing angle).
Therefore, sitting in front of the underwing engines would be the better position, but, as VonRichthofen wrote, the front of the cabin often is no option with a discounted Eco-Class ticket.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

gr09

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:43 pm

I like to have an engine+wingtip in the photo so for any time I can I sit in the front rows. If it is not possible then the last few rows will do  

fawannabe

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:14 pm

I like to be infront of the wing where I can see the engine, the wing, and the ground. also you usually get served first  
flying wouldnt be the same without them, FA's