jgw787
Topic Author

Whats Your Favorite Way To Check In At The Airport

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:38 pm

Whats your favorite airport check in???

1. Traditional lining up with agents behind counters
2. Same as number 1 except you use a machine instead of a person (like UA easycheck in)
3. Self Check in at a machine then walk and line up at bag drop (a lot of airlines)
4 Self Check in at a machine that prints bag tag then you place on belt (like NZ)
5. Self Check in at a machine that allows you to tag your own bags and place them on the belt next to the machine (some LH counters and I think EK counters have this)

If I didn't mention another way to check in at the airport that's your favorite just post it in a comment.

Thanks

PlymSpotter

RE: Whats Your Favorite Way To Check In At The Air

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Online, turn up at the airport and drop my bag whilst a collect a proper boarding pass, and then straight through security and onto the plane. The sight of a snaking queue of passengers never pleases me.

Dan  
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

LAXintl

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:58 pm

I don't check in at the airport except on the rarest occasions.

Normally online check-in and head straight to the lounge or gate.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

SirThomas

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Well I normally just drop my bag off and then try for a proper boarding pass (as I like to add them to my collection, sad I know!)  

I'll select seats and the like online beforehand though.

Tom
Flown On: A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/AT45/734/736/738/744/DH8D/T204/T154/IL62/T134/IL-18/An-24

signol

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:33 pm

Online, no hold luggage, bypass the checkin completely and head straight to security...

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

jetblue777

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:09 am

Usually on domestic flights originating from JFK/New York (and short int'l flights) My family only carries hand luggage so we check-in online and print our BPs at home.

On longhaul flights and flights within another country, we usually check-in and line up at the airport and I actually prefer it than online check-in because of the paper boarding pass and the experience  
It's a cultural thing.

Yflyer

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:47 am

Well, I prefer to check in online if I can, but if I have to check in at the airport I like the setup AS has at SEA, where you check in at a machine, then go drop your bag off if you have one. So I guess that would be option 3. It seems like the most effecient way to do things -- those with no bags to check can just grab their boarding pass and go without having to wait behind people checking bags, and those who checked in online can drop off their bags without having to wait for people printing boarding passes.

AeroWesty

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:45 am

Quoting jgw787 (Thread starter):
If I didn't mention another way to check in at the airport that's your favorite just post it in a comment.

Having a gaggle of porters arrive to meet the limo to unload my luggage and keep the paparazzi at bay, whilst a buggy takes me up to the First lounge where I'm offered a chilled glass of bubbles as an efficient and friendly agent takes care of all those nasty details of boarding passes, etc.

«« waking up »»

Self check-in at a kiosk with or without a bag tag where I can get a real boarding pass on card stock, rather than like a grocery store receipt.
International Homo of Mystery

VC10er

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:37 am

The UNITED GLOBAL SERVICES special check-in at ORD or LHR! and hopefilully at EWR soon!
The world is missing love, let's use our flights to spread it!

CXfirst

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:00 pm

In order of preference:

1. First Class/Business Class traditional check-in (love using this as a *Gold member, as on multiple occasions I have been given upgrades at that point).
2. Traditional Check-in (if there are no or little lines)
3. Online Check-in --> Bag drop line for luggage
4. Kiosk --> self-service bag drop ala NZ as the OP said (or as SAS also did at some point at some regional airports)
5. Kiosk --> Bag drop (serviced)
6. Traditional Check-in (que)

For long-haul, I would use the kiosk only if I could choose seats on them (or I have already prebooked seats), but counter if I would want to give a preference.

-CXfirst

jgw787
Topic Author

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Quoting VC10er (Reply 8):
The UNITED GLOBAL SERVICES special check-in at ORD or LHR! and hopefilully at EWR soon!

Yah that looked so NICE!!!!! you are so LUCKY

jgw787
Topic Author

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:27 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 7):
Having a gaggle of porters arrive to meet the limo to unload my luggage and keep the paparazzi at bay, whilst a buggy takes me up to the First lounge where I'm offered a chilled glass of bubbles as an efficient and friendly agent takes care of all those nasty details of boarding passes, etc.

If only life were like that.

joffie

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:19 am

At the J class counter whilst getting the look of death from Y clas pax  

Really, print my boarding pass online if its domestic and I have nothing to check in, or just go to the bag drop. Beats waiting at Tulla at the normal counters!