flaps30
Topic Author

Is Sun Country In Any Immediate Danger Of Folding

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:27 pm

I am booked to fly Sun Country this July from LGW-MSP-LAX. I have never flown them before but their price on this route was unbeatable. The cost was at least half of every other airline that flies this route. I have known about Sun Country for a few years, but like I said, I have never flown them. Are they financially stable? Will they be around for a while? I was a bit hesitant to purchase these tickets because if they go under for some reason before my flight, I am totally screwed. The price was a bit too good to be true if you know what I mean. Anyone out there know something about Sun Country?
every day is a good day to fly

LGWflyer

RE: Is Sun Country In Any Immediate Danger Of Fold

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:32 pm

I hope not!!! I want to see Sun Country at LGW for the next few years first!
3 words... I Love Aviation!!!

MSPNWA

Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:17 am

Right now I'd say Sun Country is in the best shape it's been in a long time. Things are looking very positive financially and operationally. I just flew them today for the first time in a while, and I'll continue to fly with them again any chance I get. The fact that SY still exists shows how they'll do anything to stay in the air, even when things are going the wrong way.

Here was a good article last week about SY's current and future standing:

http://www.startribune.com/business/120428349.html

sunking737

Fri May 06, 2011 9:28 am

SY is doing very well right now. They just took delivery of 3 737-800 a/c since mid march, in the last couple of years they have also added 3 737-700. IMHO a great airline, but I worked for them at one time. There current CEO came from Airtran and seems to know what is going on with the airline. I have a family member who worked at NWA before the merger with DL and he will not fly DL and always flies SY to LAS.
Just an MSPAVGEEK

usflyer msp

Sat May 07, 2011 2:39 am

You will be fine. I think SY does charge for baggage on LGW flights so be prepared for that. T2 at MSP has very few amenities so be prepared for that. Since you will have a long layover, I would suggest exploring the Twin Cities a bit.