holte
Topic Author

ATL Transfer Times?

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi all,
AM planning to fly MAN-ATL then on to Panama City Beach ECP. Delta have shown a shortest transfer time of 2 hours. I will be travelling with a 1 year old, so the shorter the better. Is 2 hours possible?
advice please..........

sw733

RE: ATL Transfer Times?

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Quoting holte (Thread starter):
Is 2 hours possible?

It might be a little tight. During rush hour (such as 2:20pm when it appears the MAN flight arrives), lines for non-US citizens can get a bit crazy, seeing as there are so many international flights in to ATL these days. Add a kid to that mix and it might be a bit too much for you (and the child) to handle! If the next flight to Panama City is not too much later, I would book that one and keep your peace of mind and sanity intact.

jetblue777

RE: ATL Transfer Times?

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:28 am

Last time we were in ATL we arrived from CUN at 5:20PM-ish and connecting to our 7:20PM flight to EWR. Fortunately, we were the only flight that arrived at Concourse E so the immigration process was painless. We transfered to Concourse B which was a bit of a hike and ride on the tram, got at the Concourse B, had a quick bite and boarding was just about to begin. Keep in my mind that it was off hours and we just made it on-time, as sw733 mentioned, 2PM is the rush hour in ATL, so I guess it's a little bit tight considering you also have a kid in your hands.

Good luck!   
It's a cultural thing.