iahflyer
Topic Author

A Couple Of Random Questions.

Thu May 05, 2011 5:37 pm

Mods, please move to the appropriate forum is this one is inappropriate.

Question 1:
I assume many of us here are knowledgeable of the infamous LAX to IN-N-OUT Burger run, my question is what about the SFO to In-N-Out Burger run? I arrive into SFO from LIH on 5/24 on UA at 9:45pm and have a connection at 12:25am to IAH. Looking at the BART website, is there enough time to ride the train to Millbrae station and get back? The in-n-out is 1-2 blocks away from the station.

Question 2:
As the flight from SFO to LIH and back is 6 hours each way, an free upgrade to first would be desirable, any suggestions on how to accomplish this task?

Thanks again and Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
Little airports with the big jets are the best!! Floyd

sw733

RE: A Couple Of Random Questions.

Thu May 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Quoting iahflyer (Thread starter):
Question 1:

The ride to Millbrae is maybe 5 minutes, so you should have no problem at all, as long as your flight in is not delayed. If it is, I would not risk it.

roseflyer

RE: A Couple Of Random Questions.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:57 pm

I assume many of us here are knowledgeable of the infamous LAX to IN-N-OUT Burger run, my question is what about the SFO to In-N-Out Burger run? I arrive into SFO from LIH on 5/24 on UA at 9:45pm and have a connection at 12:25am to IAH. Looking at the BART website, is there enough time to ride the train to Millbrae station and get back? The in-n-out is 1-2 blocks away from the station.

2.5 hours is about the minimum time I would recommend. The Bart ride is only 5 minutes and it runs every 20 minutes until midnight. Just be careful if your flight is delayed or if the in-n-out line is very long. It is not uncommon to have to wait 30 minutes for food even late in the evening. And finally there are no views from that in-n-out except for the Bart station and a Panera bread. The good news is that 12:25am is after most red-eyes have left so security should be quick.

As the flight from SFO to LIH and back is 6 hours each way, an free upgrade to first would be desirable, any suggestions on how to accomplish this task?

If you aren't elite, it will not happen. It is only a 757 and usually is full in first class. On the Hawaii routes there are a fair number of people who purchase first class tickets and the rest go to the elites. Gate agents do not just give away upgrades for free. You can ask to purchase one and it is possible for a few hundred dollars at times. With that said, first class will be full. If it isn't full of elite and paid first class passengers, then a few non-revs might fill the rest of the seats.

[Edited 2011-05-05 14:59:05]
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!